Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    f.chaplin is on a distinguished road

Question Unanswered: Sencha Touch 2 very slow on Galaxy Note

Unanswered: Sencha Touch 2 very slow on Galaxy Note

Hi all,

I got a Samsung Galaxy Note, and Sencha Touch 2 is very slow on this device (scrollings, lists...). I tried all exemples, even standalone components.
    Is there anything to do about this ? Why is Sencha so slow on this device ?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Each Android device has it's own quirks and webkit implementation
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    TonySteele is on a distinguished road

I think that is probably the least helpful answer I have seen recently.

Sencha - Sencha Touch Dev Team rdougan's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    rdougan will become famous soon enough

We've put a lot of time and effort into performance on Android devices, and the speed on many of them has greatly improved, and even reached a point where there is little we can do to improve it.

Which version of Android is it running? There are a lot of issues with Android 4.0 with regards to the browser, where in most cases the performance considerably got worse compared to 3.0 (which was terrible) even though 2.2 was decent.

With 4.0.3 some of the issues were fixed, but it still isn't as smooth as 2.2 or iOS because of some remaining browser issues. If you are running Chrome Mobile Beta, the performance is also much better than the stock browser.

So as I say, the issues we are facing are more down to the browser and OS, not the framework. We have been opening bug reports to let the team know about them, one of which is here: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=25147
    Sencha Inc.
    Robert Dougan - @rdougan
    Sencha Touch 2 and Ext JS 4 Core Team Member, SASS/Theming Wizard.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    TonySteele is on a distinguished road

Just tried the kitchen sink demo on my galaxy Note running Android 2.3.5 and Kernel 2.6.35.7 and it runs fine. Side by side with an iPhone 4 can see no difference in speed.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    aveltens is on a distinguished road

Sencha Touch 2 is also extremly slow on Asus Transformer Tablet. Even simple things as Lists and TabPanels stuck... sliding and scrolling is not fluent...

Also we have big performance problems in Google Chrome with maximized window on a Core2Duo PC.

With Sencha Touch 1 we have NO such issues and I am really wondering where the highly promised performance improvments hide? Actually we canceled the Upgrade to Touch 2 because performance is much worse now...

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't have a regular Asus Transformer, I had a Prime (before it broke and wouldn't turn on ). My large ST2 app worked pretty fast on Chrome for Android and the stock browser on 4.0.3. I say large because I have 120 classes in this app. It works great on the iPad 1/2/3 (new) and Android 4.0.3 does feel slower but still performs well, Android will always feel slower than iOS in the current state of Android.

So the moral of this is you can't always blame Sencha Touch 2. Your code needs to be highly optimized for mobile devices. Creating classes is great and all but handling those classes is even more important than creating them. I went to great lengths to make all those classes still perform.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    Möhre will become famous soon enough

How many items are in that list?
    Is it slow without any data in your model/store, too?
    How complex is your gui?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    aveltens is on a distinguished road

@mitchellsimoens: It's not about blaming anybody, it's about performance. And if our Sencha Touch application performs better with Sencha Touch 1 as it does with ST2 (which is sadly true) we will have to stay at ST1, no matter if if's Sencha's or CSS' or the browser's "fault"

@Möhre: Our application is complex, but we tried it with a small application and a list with only 3 items, too - No difference. You might try this sample application with chrome fullscreen (1920x1080):

http://docs.sencha.com/touch/2-0/tou...lly/index.html

It performs well on my Corei7-Quad-Core machine, but stucks on non high-end developer machines. iPad works well, because of the smaller resolution, but on Android transformer its no fun to use.

The point is, that all works fine with Sencha Touch 1. So from our perspective the performance got worse instead of better and we will stay at ST1.

Sencha - Sencha Touch Dev Team rdougan's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    rdougan will become famous soon enough

Could one of you guys reach out to me via PM and send a sample application where you are having issues? We don't have that exact device in the office, but I'll order one and look into these issues for you.

Robert
    Sencha Inc.
    Robert Dougan - @rdougan
    Sencha Touch 2 and Ext JS 4 Core Team Member, SASS/Theming Wizard.

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar