Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    LesJ is a name known to all LesJ is a name known to all LesJ is a name known to all LesJ is a name known to all LesJ is a name known to all LesJ is a name known to all

Default MVC hasListeners optimization

MVC hasListeners optimization

I think the hasListeners optimization is not very helpful when using the MVC pattern.

I'd like to fire a custom event only if there's a controller that listens to this event, but how do I know that there's such a controller? The hasListeners hash doesn't include controller listeners.

Do you see this as a problem?

Code:
    Ext.define('Ext.util.Observable', {

constructor: function(config) {
            var me = this;

Ext.apply(me, config);

// Hash of event "hasListeners" flags.
            // For repeated events in time-critical code, the firing code should use
            // if (!me.hasListeners.beforerender || me.fireEvent('beforerender', me) !== false) { //code... }
            // Bubbling the events counts as one listener.
            // The subclass may have already initialized it.
            me.hasListeners = me.hasListeners || {};

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Sencha Touch 2 I believe won't fire an event if there isn't a listener saving some performance. I had heard the Ext JS team talk about it but nothing has been implemented or promised.

Back to your question. The global EventBus would have all the listeners from all controllers in it.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    LesJ is a name known to all LesJ is a name known to all LesJ is a name known to all LesJ is a name known to all LesJ is a name known to all LesJ is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    Sencha Touch 2 I believe won't fire an event if there isn't a listener saving some performance. I had heard the Ext JS team talk about it but nothing has been implemented or promised.

Back to your question. The global EventBus would have all the listeners from all controllers in it.
    Thanks for your answer. I have to say the MVC code is very well put together and it is easy to use. I did some Struts programming years ago... MVC on the client is more enjoyable.

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team dongryphon's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold

In 4.1b3 there is a bug with MVC's EventBus and the hasListeners optimization. This has been fixed so that we can track listeners coming from controllers.
    Don Griffin
    Ext JS Development Team Lead

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by dongryphon View Post
    In 4.1b3 there is a bug with MVC's EventBus and the hasListeners optimization. This has been fixed so that we can track listeners coming from controllers.
    I believe I found another bug in the EventBus...

Here's my ref fragment:

Code:
        refs: [{
            ref: 'viewDisplay',
            selector: '#viewDisplay'
        },
    viewDisplay is a checkbox.

I get this checkbox by calling getViewDisplay()...

I suspend events on the checkbox by calling checkbox.suspendEvents()...

...then I call checkbox.setValue(value);

The change event gets fired anyway even though I suspended events. Is this a bug?

Thread Participants: 2