Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    just_a_kid is on a distinguished road

Default TreeGrid Panel is very slow when no of nodes is large

TreeGrid Panel is very slow when no of nodes is large

Hi Guys,

I have some performance issue when using TreeGrid rendering large data / tree node ( eg : > 1000 ).

I create a solution as below to render n no of records at a time
    1. display 200 nodes at a time
    2. on 201 row show "show more link"
    3. once user click that , it will fire another call to server to fetch row 201-400.
    4. when the data returned. i loop through the record and add to the parent node of the tree node that is clicked as follow
    eg :
    Code:

var parentNode = node.parentNode;       
             parentNode.beginUpdate();
            for(var i=0; i < jsonResponseArr.length ; i++){
                          var nodeAttr = jsonResponseArr[i];
                          var node = treeLoader.createNode(nodeAttr);
                          parentNode.appendChild(node);
            }
            parentNode.endUpdate();
            node.remove();
    I notice step no 4 taking 10-20 seconds to load the whole node ( max to 200 nodes per fetch ) and cause the browser to temporarily hangs.

It seems to me that the treenode is generating too much DOM tree and causing the slowness.

Any idea how to fix this ? can i spawn background thread to render n no of rows simultaneously ?
    I have tried using DelayedTask to process rendering 20 rows at a time but still when the function is executed it caused the browser to hang

Thanks in advance

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

This got me thinking if it would be a good ui to have a node (non leaf) for each page...

/root
    --/node
    ----/page1
    ------leafs....
    ----/page2
    ------leafs....
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1