Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough

Default Feature request: command line deploy

Feature request: command line deploy

I'm been preparing my ant build to prepare war file and now I found that command line deploy would be very usefull.

FWIW, I put Designer's project's directory inside eclipse's project, add to version control (SVN, sorry but haven't time to test GIT and GIT's plug-in...), SVN ignore in deploy folder (WebContent/app and Designer's generated files like view, store and so...) but before I run my ant tast I have to manually open the Designer's project then "deploy".

So, it would be nice to have Designer's command line option to generate js files.

Regards.

PS: Even with it's current limitations, NOW Sencha Designer REALLY cut my development time! My credit card cut is 28 of each month so just waiting to march cut to buy it!
    UI: Sencha Architect 3.x / ExtJS 4 & 5
    Server side: JEE / EJB 3.x / CDI / JPA 2.x/ JAX-RS / JasperReports
    Application Server: Glassfish / WildFly
    Databases: Oracle / DB2 / MySQL / Firebird

If you like my answer please vote!

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Good idea, it's already on the list of features we'd like to provide at some point.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ipastine is on a distinguished road

This would be really helpful.

Vote Rating
    zmagyar is on a distinguished road

Aaron, Did it ever made into a build please?

Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by zmagyar View Post
    Aaron, Did it ever made into a build please?

It did not. It's still on the list and we know it would be particularly useful for people who only check in the metadata files (to avoid conflict) or who use a CI/Build server that needs to run an automated script to build the files.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Vote Rating
    zmagyar is on a distinguished road

Yes, it is a bit of pain as it is the only one manual part of our CI process resulting that we can not automate the whole stuff. It would be well appreciated if it is added to a near update.

Is there any place where you are recording feature requests, or is it fine just log it here?

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by zmagyar View Post
    Yes, it is a bit of pain as it is the only one manual part of our CI process resulting that we can not automate the whole stuff. It would be well appreciated if it is added to a near update.

Is there any place where you are recording feature requests, or is it fine just log it here?
    This is good. It's noted down in our tracker.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran