Threaded View

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    LesJ is a name known to all LesJ is a name known to all LesJ is a name known to all LesJ is a name known to all LesJ is a name known to all LesJ is a name known to all

Default EventBus - suspending events

EventBus - suspending events

Here's a code fragment from my controller.

I have a private method that sets a checkbox value. I want to suspend events on the checkobx so the change event is not fired. I tried to call suspendEvents on the checkbox, but this wasn't effective. Now I'm calling suspendEvents on the eventbus, and this is working for me. Am I doing it right?

Also, looking at the EventBus code... I'm curious why the EventBus class is not a singleton since there's only one eventbus in an application.

I probably don't fully understand the Ext.override feature, but why the Ext.app.EventBus class overrides the Ext.Component.fireEvent class as opposed to using the Ext.Function methods to create an interceptor?

Code:
    Ext.define('StoreLayout.controller.ConfigViewController', {
        extend: 'Ext.app.Controller',

// @private
        setCheckboxValue: function (checkbox, value) {
            var me = this,
                eventbus = me.application.eventbus,
            eventbus.suspendEvents();
            checkbox.setValue(value);
            eventbus.resumeEvents();
        },
    });
    ***EDIT
    >>> Now I'm calling suspendEvents on the eventbus, and this is working for me. Am I doing it right?

After more testing, calling suspendEvents on the eventbus is not reliable. I guess I'm stuck. How do I suspend events in a controller?
    Last edited by LesJ; 15 Mar 2012 at 6:26 AM. Reason: Clarification about eventbuss.suspendEvents