Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    squarefan is on a distinguished road

Default Change Carousel Item with fade animation

Change Carousel Item with fade animation

Running into an issue and not quite sure how to solve it.

I am using a normal carousel (no card layout) that behaves as expected. What I want to do is to quick jump to specific items and do that with a 'fade' animation instead of the just the plain jump directly there.

in Touch 1 i used:

Code:
    setActiveItem(position, 'fade');
    which worked great. Looking in the docu I saw that this should be done now with:

Code:
    animateActiveItem(position, {type: 'fade'})
    Unfortunately that doesn't work as well. First for it to work I have to change the layout of the carousel to 'card' which results in flickering and slow/delayed loading of images while going back and forth between the different cards (which wihtout the layout set to card works perfectly fine).
    If I don't set the layout to card though, the animation itself will not work.

Is there a way to let the carousel behave normally (slide left/right) and somehow get the same functionality as with setActiveItem in Touch 1 where I can just pass the 'fade' property?

thanks!

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

The carousel has a next and previous methods on it.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Unfortuantely thats not exactly what I was looking for. I knew about next/previous but that just brings you to the next/previous slide. What I want to do is having e.g. 15 slides/cards in the carousel jump from no1 to 10 etc. and that jump should be done with a fade animation (as mentioned in my first post I did that with setActiveItem under Touch 1 and that worked great).

Is there anything else I can do?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    gkatz is on a distinguished road

in ST2 this can be done via animateActiveItem
    http://docs.sencha.com/touch/2-0/#!/...mateActiveItem

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

@gkatz

thanks for your response. As mentioned in my first post there are several issues when using animateActiveItem.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

is there any fix for that yet. 2.0.1.1 seems to be a pretty broken release with several things not working for me and I am looking for a workaround in 2.0.0 for this?

anybody stumbled over this already?

cheers,

Thread Participants: 2