Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    geektantra is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: What would be the best way to include 3rd party components into a Sencha Touch App?

Unanswered: What would be the best way to include 3rd party components into a Sencha Touch App?

What would be the best way to include 3rd party components into a Sencha Touch 2 App?

For example I want to add the 3rd party component https://github.com/mitchellsimoens/Ext.ux.touch.grid into a Sencha Touch 2 App.

In the demo it says we can set the 'paths' config value to contain {'Ext.ux.touch.grid': '<relative/path/to/Ext.ux.touch.grid>'} but doing so gives the following error:
    Uncaught Error: [Ext.Loader] Failed loading 'http://localhost/app-path/www/sdk/src/ux/touch/grid/feature/Feature.js', please verify that the file exists

Any help is appreciated.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

It's all about the path for Ext.ux and where it points to. If you look at the examples I have it shows the path usage.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Vote Rating
    abcd_ca is on a distinguished road

Default What if it's not an extjs component

What if it's not an extjs component

what's the best way to load a 3rd party script, something that i don't want to port to a sencha touch class? Ideally I could lazily load it rather than sticking it in index.html

Answers
    Vote Rating
    bluehipy will become famous soon enough bluehipy will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by abcd_ca View Post
    what's the best way to load a 3rd party script, something that i don't want to port to a sencha touch class? Ideally I could lazily load it rather than sticking it in index.html

First you specify it in app.json as a resource to assure that the external script will get copied along with other scripts.
    Second write code to lazy load the script, not using the Loader which requires you to have a class named as the script. You can use a Ajax request and an eval so you can be notified about the script loading phases.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    karensilkwood is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys,

I am curious, what do you mean on lazy loading the script files? I've included my 3rd party scripts in my app.json but I am getting an error saying that Uncaught ReferenceError: XY is not defined.

Vote Rating
    abcd_ca is on a distinguished road

Lazy load just means that it doesn't get loaded right away, it gets loaded later. It's a general term with that meaning without specific implementation as it could be applied to any language. Lazy loading is an efficiency technique that lets you essentially spread out user wait time and bandwidth and/or only load what the user actually wishes to see. Simple example: Say you have 4 screens in your app but a user only navigates to two. Why load the other two up front?

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    hermanvandermaas is an unknown quantity at this point

You could try Ext.Load.loadScriptFile(), which supports both synchronous and asynchronous loading (and execution) of the script file.