Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    BmanVT is on a distinguished road

Default Feature Request: Allow class name change property, highlight changes from default

Feature Request: Allow class name change property, highlight changes from default

Team:
    I like the Designer 2 quite a bit. A strong product.
    However, here are somethings that I noted working with the property inspector area that would make it more usable.

Add ability to set Class names for all components dropped into the project. For example, I was not able to see the ability to change Readers and Proxies class names. The defaulted class names of "MyAjaxProxy", "MyJsonReader" are cool but not helpful if many classes are in the project. I may just not know how to do this in Propery inspector so I take the blame if it is already possible.

Add highlight (bold/background color) for properties that are changed from their defaults. This is something that the Microsoft toolset does well. With many properties and large API it is not obvious which items where changed from their defaults, a means of highlighting those would be cool.

Still experimenting but very impressed.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough

Add highlight (bold/background color) for properties that are changed from their defaults.
    Now is the "x" icon shown in the property value.

Regards.
    UI: Sencha Architect 3.x / ExtJS 4 & 5
    Server side: JEE / EJB 3.x / CDI / JPA 2.x/ JAX-RS / JasperReports
    Application Server: Glassfish / WildFly
    Databases: Oracle / DB2 / MySQL / Firebird

If you like my answer please vote!

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    BmanVT is on a distinguished road

Default cool

cool

cool !

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by BmanVT View Post
    Team:
    I like the Designer 2 quite a bit. A strong product.
    Thanks for the kind words!

Add ability to set Class names for all components dropped into the project. For example, I was not able to see the ability to change Readers and Proxies class names. The defaulted class names of "MyAjaxProxy", "MyJsonReader" are cool but not helpful if many classes are in the project. I may just not know how to do this in Propery inspector so I take the blame if it is already possible.
    It's not possible for proxy and reader (these are one of the very very few instances where thats the case). In views you are able to set the itemId which will change the text. We may add a label that has no effect on code generation but allows you to label the node.

Add highlight (bold/background color) for properties that are changed from their defaults. This is something that the Microsoft toolset does well. With many properties and large API it is not obvious which items where changed from their defaults, a means of highlighting those would be cool.
    The next update makes configurations which have been set very distinct.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Thread Participants: 2