Vote Rating
    RiaanSA is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Unanswered: Creating Window using Viewport or Not?

Unanswered: Creating Window using Viewport or Not?

I am pretty much new to ExtJs and trying to achieve an application where I can drop a couple of Windows on my browser with Grid's inside.

Now reading and following the MVC method of doing things it seems like using viewport on the main js are the way to go.

Now creating panels in there isn't to hard at using controllers and views. But I don't want panels, I want to use Windows like in the example portal demo.

Do I need a viewport? Or do we only use viewports for Pannel's?

Can I get a complete example code of how to create a portal like the portal demo.

Any help will be appreciated.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to use Ext.window.Window then you don't need anything. It will, by default, render to the document body and display without any other component like Viewport.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Vote Rating
    RiaanSA is on a distinguished road

Ok so let me quickly sum up what I understand.

Using viewport allows me to utilize the whole area of the browser, meaning that if I do add panels it will keep the panels in the correct positions all the time?

Let's say I want to add the "Ext.window.Window" and ""Ext.panel.Panel" like in the demo.

Would I create a viewport for the panels or just keep everything in the body?

Thanks for the advice.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    ByteLess is on a distinguished road

wondering the same, when my I use to Ext.create('Ext.window.Window'

the created window behave very different, it break the framework or dragging window or reize does not work.

Can you please share your code?

Thread Participants: 2