Vote Rating
    relson is on a distinguished road

Lightbulb Commad Sencha Generate with namespace

Commad Sencha Generate with namespace

How can I do to generate model/controller with namespace like...

Code:
    sencha generate model admin.User
    and then have a folder structure

Code:
    /model
         |_ /admin
                    |_User.js
    on current version I have the outputed a file with dot separated admin.User.js in folder model
    Last edited by relson; 23 Mar 2012 at 9:21 AM. Reason: Formatting to let more clear

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

The issue is that the folder structure doesn't adhere to the dot notation namespace but the name of the model is correct right?

I can see the model having the right name but the path doesn't look like it supports this:

Code:
    this.template('model.js', path.join('app', 'model', args.name + '.js'));
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ruslan.talpa is on a distinguished road

It seems like sencha CMD expects all models to be in the "model" directory and when used in store it should be like:

model: 'ModelName' #which translates to App.model.ModelName

so far so good, but if i want to specify the model name like this:
    model: 'App.model.ModelName'
    sencha cmd will translate this to App.model.App.model.ModelName and the file will not be found.

This is very useful when you have multiple apps like Core, App1, App2 and App1, App2 stores use the model definitions from Core.
    While in browser this works fine, sencha cmd does not understand this.

Is there a way around this?
    Is it possible to modify that line which generates the filepath for models? Can we dig somewhere in sencha cmd and modify it on our one so that when args.name contains a dot, consider it the full class name and not append the current applucation namespace.

Thank you