Vote Rating
    jep will become famous soon enough jep will become famous soon enough

Default Forum Suggestion: Remove forum search wait for paying customers

Forum Suggestion: Remove forum search wait for paying customers

It's really ridiculous that the forum makes you wait 20 seconds between searches when you're a support subscriber. Are you afraid we're spammers? That we're going to suck up all the CPU and bandwidth?

I just think this is a default with the forum software and not applicable to a place where you know exactly who the people that subscribed to support are. We're legit and have credit cards and everything.

Just a little crazy after yet another sequence of trying to find what I'm looking for, only to have to twiddle my thumbs for 20 seconds every time my search returns no results. Especially annoying when it's because I made a typo...

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    nohuhu has a spectacular aura about nohuhu has a spectacular aura about

+100!

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    marc.fearby will become famous soon enough

I agree. Sometimes, after running a search and getting either no results or too many, you want to modify and try again. It's only a few times a day that I have to do this, but the 20 second wait is very frustrating.

It would also be nice to have an option to make the search find ALL keywords and not just any word, which results in too many search results.

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    nohuhu has a spectacular aura about nohuhu has a spectacular aura about

marc.fearby:

The last one may actually be hard to implement. This forum uses vBulletin software which is notorious for its search engine. It just sucks, plain and simple. Unfortunately, it's not fixable short of rewriting the whole application.

I once had a forum on vBulletin and had to answer many a frustrated user why they can't find what they want...

Regards,
    Alex.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    marc.fearby will become famous soon enough

Hmmm, that's unfortunate. In any case, when this forum is quick to give up and show nothing (or shows too much), google often finds things in this forum that the forum itself can't.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

We are having internal talks about improving this forum and search is the top priority.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    danigoldman is on a distinguished road

Yes. Please remove this limit. It become frustrating when I have to refresh the page multiple times until the 20 seconds have passed.

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    We are having internal talks about improving this forum and search is the top priority.
    So, almost two months later.... still top priority?

Something you can add to that - remove "once" as an ignored term. It appears to be getting thrown in the same bin as "the" and "with". That might make sense for a non-programmer site, but not when I try finding out how to set and event handler to handle an event only once.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jep View Post
    So, almost two months later.... still top priority?
    Could have something real soon

Screen Shot 2012-05-16 at 11.32.51 AM.jpg
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Vote Rating

Thanks for the update, mitchell. Really looking forward to it.

(Oh, and I found the answer to my example question.)