Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    cbandes is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Destroy temporary store/view?

Unanswered: Destroy temporary store/view?

So I've become so frustrated by Sencha's data methods that I'm finding I need to populate my stores with regular ajax calls instead of Sencha methods. But that leads me to a problem - I'm creating a ton of stores that just sit around.

Code:
    	onPeopleShow: function(view){
    		var personStore = Ext.create('SMToolkit.store.Persons');
    		var list = this.getPeople();
    		$.getJSON("index.php/api/persons",function(data){
    			$.each(data, function(k,v){
    				personStore.add(v);
    			});
    			list.setStore(personStore);
    			list.refresh();
    		});
    		$.getJSON('index.php/api/rolespersons/'+window.currentRole.data.id, function(data){
            	$.each(data, function(k,v){

});
        	});
    	},
    In old-timey iOS, I would've called a personStore.release or something at the end of that function, to let the app know to destroy the store if nobody else was using it. But in Sencha if I destroy it now, the list loses its data - but if I don't, I lose the reference to the store since it's a local variable...

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Why aren't you able to let the store do the loading?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

The Sencha stores just don't seem to work. I spent the better part of two weeks trying to use them, but they choked on the associations and didn't refresh as expected, so out of desperation I went back to jquery.

Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

If you give me a sample response I'm sure I can create a store to read it.

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Sure!

Here's a LIST from the rest store for Roles:

Code:
    [{"id":"25378","name":"Francisco","description":null,"type":null,"show_id":"2354","user_id":"5"},{"id":"25379","name":"Bernardo","description":null,"type":null,"show_id":"2354","user_id":"5"},{"id":"25380","name":"Marcellus","description":null,"type":null,"show_id":"2354","user_id":"5"},{"id":"25381","name":"Horatio","description":null,"type":null,"show_id":"2354","user_id":"5"},{"id":"25382","name":"Claudius","description":null,"type":null,"show_id":"2354","user_id":"5"},{"id":"25383","name":"Voltimand","description":null,"type":null,"show_id":"2354","user_id":"5"},{"id":"25384","name":"Laertes","description":null,"type":null,"show_id":"2354","user_id":"5"},{"id":"25385","name":"Polonius","description":null,"type":null,"show_id":"2354","user_id":"5"},{"id":"25386","name":"Hamlet","description":null,"type":null,"show_id":"2354","user_id":"5"},{"id":"25387","name":"Gertrude","description":null,"type":null,"show_id":"2354","user_id":"5"},{"id":"25388","name":"Ophelia","description":null,"type":null,"show_id":"2354","user_id":"5"},{"id":"25389","name":"Ghost (Voice only)","description":null,"type":null,"show_id":"2354","user_id":"5"},{"id":"25390","name":"Reynaldo","description":null,"type":null,"show_id":"2354","user_id":"5"},{"id":"25391","name":"Rosencrantz","description":null,"type":null,"show_id":"2354","user_id":"5"},{"id":"25392","name":"Guildenstern","description":null,"type":null,"show_id":"2354","user_id":"5"},{"id":"25393","name":"Player King","description":null,"type":null,"show_id":"2354","user_id":"5"},{"id":"25394","name":"Player Queen","description":null,"type":null,"show_id":"2354","user_id":"5"},{"id":"25395","name":"Lucianus","description":null,"type":null,"show_id":"2354","user_id":"5"},{"id":"25396","name":"Fortinbras","description":null,"type":null,"show_id":"2354","user_id":"5"},{"id":"25397","name":"Gravedigger","description":null,"type":null,"show_id":"2354","user_id":"5"},{"id":"25398","name":"Priest","description":null,"type":null,"show_id":"2354","user_id":"5"},{"id":"25399","name":"Osric","description":null,"type":null,"show_id":"2354","user_id":"5"},{"id":"25400","name":"Lady in Waiting","description":null,"type":null,"show_id":"2354","user_id":"5"},{"id":"25401","name":"Attendant","description":null,"type":null,"show_id":"2354","user_id":"5"},{"id":"25402","name":"Ophelia & Gertrude","description":null,"type":null,"show_id":"2354","user_id":"5"},{"id":"25404","name":"Harry","description":"","type":"Lead","show_id":"2354","user_id":"5"}]
    Roles are associated to Persons many-to-many (here's a result from Persons):

Code:
    [{"id":"3","first_name":"George","last_name":"Washington","email":"","address":"","phone1":"","phone2":"","thumbnail":null,"image":null,"type":"Actor","location":"","user_id":"5"},{"id":"4","first_name":"Martha","last_name":"Washington","email":"","address":"","phone1":"","phone2":"","thumbnail":null,"image":null,"type":"Actor","location":"","user_id":"5"},{"id":"5","first_name":"Thomas","last_name":"Jefferson","email":null,"address":null,"phone1":null,"phone2":null,"thumbnail":null,"image":null,"type":null,"location":null,"user_id":"5"},{"id":"8","first_name":"Walter","last_name":"Cronkite","email":"","address":"","phone1":"","phone2":"","thumbnail":null,"image":null,"type":"Actor","location":"","user_id":"5"},{"id":"9","first_name":"Larry","last_name":"Miller","email":"","address":"","phone1":"","phone2":"","thumbnail":null,"image":null,"type":"Actor","location":"","user_id":"5"},{"id":"10","first_name":"Hank","last_name":"Pym","email":"","address":"","phone1":"","phone2":"","thumbnail":null,"image":null,"type":"Actor","location":"","user_id":"5"}]
    there is a personsroles table in the db , it has three columns - person_id, role_id and user_id. the primary key is a composite person_id/role_id

I used to have models like this:

Code:
    Ext.define('SMToolkit.model.Person', {
        extend: 'Ext.data.Model',
        config: {
            fields: [
            	'id',
                'first_name',
    			'last_name',
    			'email',
    			'address',
    			'phone1',
    			'phone2',
    			'type',
    			'location'
            ],
            hasMany: [
            	{
            		model: 'SMToolkit.model.Person_Role_Rest',
            		name: 'role'
            	}
            ],
            proxy: {
                type: 'rest',
                url : 'index.php/api/persons'
            }
        }

and

Ext.define('SMToolkit.model.Role', {
         extend: 'Ext.data.Model',

config: {
             fields: [
             	'id',
                 'name',
     			'description',
     			'type',
     			'show_id'
    -        ],
    -		hasMany: [
    -        	{
    -        		model: 'SMToolkit.model.Person_Role_Rest',
    -        		name: 'person'
    -        	},
    -        	{
    -        		model: 'SMToolkit.model.Scene_Role_Rest',
    -        		name: 'scene'
    -        	},
    -        	{
    -        		model: 'SMToolkit.model.Thing',
    -        		name: 'thing'
    -        	}
    -       	],
    -        proxy: {
    -            type: 'rest',
    -            url : 'index.php/api/roles'
    -        }
    -    }
     });

Answers
    Vote Rating

Here are my two models that I used to show how to get it to work:

Code:
    Ext.define('City', {
        extend : 'Ext.data.Model',

config : {
            fields : [
                { name : 'id', type : 'int' },
                'name',
                'description',
                'type',
                { name : 'show_id', type : 'int' },
                { name : 'user_id', type : 'int' }
            ],

proxy : {
                type   : 'ajax',
                url    : 'data/json.json',
                reader : 'json'
            },

hasMany : {
                model      : 'Person',
                name       : 'persons',
                foreignKey : 'user_id',
                primaryKey : 'user_id',
                autoLoad   : true
            }
        }
    });

Ext.define('Person', {
        extend : 'Ext.data.Model',

config : {
            fields : [
                { name : 'id', type : 'int' },
                'first_name',
                'last_name',
                'email',
                'address',
                'phone1',
                'phone2',
                'thumbnail',
                'image',
                'type',
                'location',
                { name : 'user_id', type : 'int' }
            ],

proxy : {
                type   : 'ajax',
                url    : 'data/json2.json',
                reader : 'json'
            },

hasMany : {
                model      : 'City',
                name       : 'cities',
                foreignKey : 'user_id',
                primaryKey : 'user_id',
                autoLoad   : true
            }
        }
    });
    Here are the stores for my test:

Code:
    new Ext.data.Store({
        model     : 'City',
        autoLoad  : true,
        listeners : {
            load : function(store) {
                var rec     = store.getAt(0),
                    persons = rec.persons();

persons.on('load', function(personsStore) {
                    console.log(personsStore.getCount() + ' Persons in this city');
                });
            }
        }
    });

new Ext.data.Store({
        model     : 'Person',
        autoLoad  : true,
        listeners : {
            load : function(store) {
                var rec    = store.getAt(0),
                    cities = rec.cities();

cities.on('load', function(citiesStore) {
                    console.log(citiesStore.getCount() + ' Cities for this person');
                });
            }
        }
    });
    json.json has the first JSON you provided, json2.json has the second JSON.

Thread Participants: 1