Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Default Command should return exit code >0 if it hits an error condition:

Command should return exit code >0 if it hits an error condition:

Please exit > 0 if the toolset hits an exception along the way. Many of us are writing tools to use this to minify our st2 projects, and we should only have to check to see if [ $? -gt 0 ], but instead, we will now have to check the output for the string "[ERROR]".

Code:
    JMBP-2:silk jgarcia$ sencha app create blah /var/spool/blah && echo $?
    [ERROR] ENOENT, no such file or directory '/www/npr/silk/version.txt'

Usage:
        sencha app create [arguments...]

Description:
        (Alias to 'sencha generate app') Generate a new project with the recommended structure

Arguments: (*) denotes required parameter

-n, --name     * The namespace of the application to create. This will be used as the prefix for all your classes
          -p, --path     * The directory path to generate this application to.
          -l, --library   The library's build to develop your application with, either 'core' or 'all'. Defaults to 'core'

Examples:
        Long:
          sencha app create --name=MyApp --path=/path/to/myapp --library=all 

Short:
          sencha app create -n MyApp -p /path/to/myapp -l all 

Shortest (arguments must be in the right order):
          sencha app create MyApp /path/to/myapp all 

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Howdy there partner! Have entered this in. SDKTOOLS-45
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    gregweber is on a distinguished road

bump

Code:
    PATH=$PATH:/Applications/SenchaSDKTools-2.0.0-Beta:/Applications/SenchaSDKTools-2.0.0-Beta/jsbuilder/:/Applications/SenchaSDKTools-2.0.0-Beta/bin sencha build -p app.jsb3 -d . && echo "success"
    Project file doesn't exist
    success

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    supersaiyen is on a distinguished road

Here's a fix, though a bit complicated.

in sencha.js (the one executed by node, /Applications/SenchaSDKTools-2.0.0-beta3/sencha.js on OSX) add this listener after the child process is spawned. (line 78 in 2.0.0-beta3)
    Code:
    cmd.on('exit', function(errorCode){
        process.exit(errorCode);
    });
    Then within your project you need to alter both Application.js and Cli.js

Application.js (approximately line 427, src/module/Application.js from your project root)
    Code:
    var error = {};
    error.message = "Failed loading your application from: '"+appUrl+"'. " + (!config.url ? "Try setting the " +
                    "absolute URL to your application for the 'url' item inside 'app.json'" : "");
    throw error;
    And Cli.js (approximately line 80, sdk/command/src/Cli.js from your project root)
    Code:
            process.on('uncaughtException', function(e) {
                if(e.message)
                    this.error(e.message);
                process.exit(1);
            }.bind(this));
    Email me if there is a good place to check out source and i'll submit a proper patch.

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team dongryphon's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all

This bug has been fixed in V3 of Sencha Cmd.
    Don Griffin
    Ext JS Development Team Lead

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    rick.funderburg is on a distinguished road

Default Still Occurs in Sencha Cmd v3.1.1.274

Still Occurs in Sencha Cmd v3.1.1.274

For example,

I am trying to concatenate and minify my code, but the bundled closure compiler spits out some errors,

[INF] Concatenating output to file C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\jobs\[...].js[INF] Compressing data with ClosureCompressor[ERR] C2001: Closure Compiler Error (Parse error. Internet Explorer has a non-standard intepretation of trailing commas. Arrays will have the wrong length and objects will not parse at all.) -- compression-input:190160

[ERR] C2001: Closure Compiler Error (Parse error. Internet Explorer has a non-standard intepretation of trailing commas. Arrays will have the wrong length and objects will not parse at all.) -- compression-input:190660[ERR] C2001: Closure Compiler Error (Parse error. Internet Explorer has a non-standard intepretation of trailing commas. Arrays will have the wrong length and objects will not parse at all.) -- compression-input:191460[ERR] C2001: Closure Compiler Error (Parse error. Internet Explorer has a non-standard intepretation of trailing commas. Arrays will have the wrong length and objects will not parse at all.) -- compression-input:192260[ERR] C2001: Closure Compiler Error (Parse error. Internet Explorer has a non-standard intepretation of trailing commas. Arrays will have the wrong length and objects will not parse at all.) -- compression-input:193060[ERR] C2001: Closure Compiler Error (Parse error. Internet Explorer has a non-standard intepretation of trailing commas. Arrays will have the wrong length and objects will not parse at all.) -- compression-input:326563[ERR] C2001: Closure Compiler Error (Parse error. Internet Explorer has a non-standard intepretation of trailing commas. Arrays will have the wrong length and objects will not parse at all.) -- compression-input:519267[ERR] C2001: Closure Compiler Error (Parse error. Internet Explorer has a non-standard intepretation of trailing commas. Arrays will have the wrong length and objects will not parse at all.) -- compression-input:814863
    [INF] Concatenating output to file C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\jobs\[...].js

The return code, as indicated by %ERRORLEVEL% is still 0.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Rémy Esmery is on a distinguished road

Me and my team are still facing this issue as of version 3.1.2.342

Sencha Premium Member Fredric Berling's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Fredric Berling has a spectacular aura about Fredric Berling has a spectacular aura about

Default Also facing this problem

Also facing this problem

I am using TeamCity 8.01 ´s command line runner to run sencha cmd and i can confirm it will return 0 even if there is an error. This makes TeamCity report success even if build fails.

Sencha Cmd Version 3.1.2.342
    Last edited by Fredric Berling; 1 Jul 2013 at 12:11 AM. Reason: included cmd version

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Rémy Esmery is on a distinguished road

A straightforward workaround for TeamCity is to resort to Build Failure Conditions to make it fails if it encounters the exact text "[ERR]".

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    juxtaposed is on a distinguished road

Yup, we've run into this too. I purposely made a build that would fail to test this out:

PHP Code:
       create resources/my-theme-all-rtl-debug.css
    [ERR]
    [
    ERRBUILD FAILED
    [ERRcom.sencha.exceptions.ExProcesscompass process exited with non-zero code

[ERR]
    [
    ERRTotal time12 seconds
    [ERR]
    [
    ERRBUILD FAILED
    [ERRcom.sencha.exceptions.BasicExceptioncom.sencha.exceptions.ExProcesscom
    pass process exited with non
    -zero code 1
    [ERR]
    [
    ERRTotal time13 seconds