Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    lasertoffe is on a distinguished road

Default About the license

About the license

I have a question on the free license for Sencha Touch 2.
    Can I build a phone app, make it native (through phonegap or such) and sell it on appstore or Google Play, without having to purchase a Sencha license?

Have I understood it correctly ?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Licensing questions should be directed to licensing@sencha.com
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Well I thought that maybe there is good knowledge on this in the community.

Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by lasertoffe View Post
    Well I thought that maybe there is good knowledge on this in the community.
    Talking license talk is actually legal talk that shouldn't be on a public forum.

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Ok, thank you.
    I'll throw an email instead. My idea was to let someone help me interpret the license agreement that is up on the website.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    flyingace is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    Talking license talk is actually legal talk that shouldn't be on a public forum.
    I find this response somewhat mystifying. Why shouldn't forum members be allowed to ask for help and to try to help one another make plain-english sense of a legal document? And if forum members can't make plain-english sense of it, why doesn't someone from legal step in to clarify?

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by flyingace View Post
    I find this response somewhat mystifying. Why shouldn't forum members be allowed to ask for help and to try to help one another make plain-english sense of a legal document? And if forum members can't make plain-english sense of it, why doesn't someone from legal step in to clarify?
    If I saw something that is wrong, I can be held liable.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I do find that a legitimate explanation. I'll send an email instead.
    Thank you.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    flyingace is on a distinguished road

Fair enough.

Vote Rating

saw = say

Just don't want to cause someone to get sued and owe bunch of money and then come after me then and of course don't want that to happen to anyone else so I try to keep legal talk off the forum and leave that for lawyers who would know the exact answer.

Thread Participants: 2