Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for TOUCH-2606 in a recent build.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Omer Paran is on a distinguished road

Default HVideo player controls non responsive due to ViewPort created by Ext.Setup

HVideo player controls non responsive due to ViewPort created by Ext.Setup

Please note that this bug is similar but not quite as the bug titled : Lower part of tablet screen non-responsive due to viewport created by Ext.Setup"

Another problem we started having on the iPad with STouch2 is that the video controls (we use HVideo HTML video player) did not respond to taps. It worked with ST1.

After the work around of the above bug (setting the viewport to hidden) was applied, the controls were visually responsive, but still the video did not play.

After carefully debugging your all-debug.js file, we have found the offending line.

In the constructor of the Viewport this line causes the problems:

/* this.doPreventZooming = bind(this.doPreventZooming, this);*/

In line 77261

When it is commented out - the controls work fine (play/mute).

We did not investigate further why this line, causes the controls not to work.

In addition to commenting out this line, we also MUST set the viewport to hidden in

Ext.setup({
    viewport: {
    hidden: true
    }

This problem is only on the iPad, on Safari Desktop everything works fine

I hope this help

thank you

Omer Paran
    Co-Founder & CTO
    attracTV
    Mobile IL : +972 50-202-4804

omer.paran@attractv.com
    web site: www.attractv.com
    twitter: http://twitter.com/attractv

Vote Rating
    Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough

The component in question is listening to some events which we disable when preventZooming is enabled (it is enabled by default). You can set this as an option of Viewport, but keep in mind that on some devices it may cause some unexpected behavior from manufacturer addons (HTC's Sense UI comes to mind). I'm not familiar with the HVideo player, but we can probably get around any issues there with a custom component which just allows these events through our filter. This was done for our Map component as Google Maps has some event expectations as well.

If you could post some details on the HVideo player, we can take a look at it in more detail.

Sencha Inc

Jamie Avins

@jamieavins

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Default HVideo

HVideo

This is their link:

http://html5video.org/wiki/HVideo

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Default preventZooming option

preventZooming option

Hi Again,

Thank you for letting me know about this, when I pass preventZooming:false it indeed works

I actually searched for it in the documentation, but the config options for ViewPort do not list it as an option and if I search the entire documentation preventZooming is marked as private for the ViewPort

So, I guess a documentation error?

Thanks again

Omer.

Vote Rating
    Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough

Yes, the documentation looks like it's not quite right when we have a base class like this. I'll look into fixing that. The compatibility list for HVideo doesn't look good, I'm curious as to what benefits it gives you.

Sencha Inc

Jamie Avins

@jamieavins

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Default Why HVideo is important for us

Why HVideo is important for us

While not the most shiny and "sexy" video player - it holds a very strong advantage right now. We have tried using JWPlayer and while it works good on the Desktop, it does not work on the tablet, here's why:

As you have seen, we open Panel on top of the video, JWPlayer. when paused allows interaction with the panels, but when the video is playing, it is clicking on the panel has no effect because the player traps the tap event

HVideo, does not do that, it allows interacting with panels while the video is playing

JWPlayer has confirmed this to be an issue that they hope to fix for version 6

Sencha - Sencha Touch Dev Team rdougan's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    rdougan will become famous soon enough

Documentation has been updated and there is now docs for preventZooming. This will be available in the next docs refresh.

Thanks.
    Sencha Inc.
    Robert Dougan - @rdougan
    Sencha Touch 2 and Ext JS 4 Core Team Member, SASS/Theming Wizard.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Default thank you

thank you

thank you for being responsive

Thread Participants: 2