Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    weslowsk is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Carousel - both horizontal and vertical?

Unanswered: Carousel - both horizontal and vertical?

Hi,

From looking at some examples, it appears that I can't make a carousel scroll both horizontal and vertical. Can someone confirm this? Has anyone else had a need to do this though? Maybe there's a better UI design approach instead of this idea? Would Sencha consider implementing this dual scrolling feature?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

You can have a vertical carousel as an item of a horizontal carousel or the other way around.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    weslowsk is on a distinguished road

yeah, I figured that. I was hoping for the dual functionality, though.
    Here's my scenario:
    Horizontal scrolling shows all the people of a company who have the same supervisor. Vertical scrolling shows who is "underneath" someone.
    For example, 1 President at the top, no horizontal scrolling needed; only vertical scrolling needed.
    When you vertical scroll, you see who is under the CEO. Since there are 3 vice-presidents, the first one is displayed and the option to scroll horizontally to see the others is available. For each one of those VPs, you can vertical scroll to see management structure underneath...and so on...

Thread Participants: 1