Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    farbodr is on a distinguished road

Default Where is best place to implement listeners

Where is best place to implement listeners

I don't directly instantiate my panels. Right now I use 'xtype' in the items config and this automatically instantiates the right classes. Since it is not recommended to implement the listeners in the 'Ext.define' where is a good place to put the listeners when using xtype in items config?

TIA,
    FR

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    estesbubba will become famous soon enough estesbubba will become famous soon enough

It really depends on what the listener needs to do. If you click a button and need to submit a form then use control {} in the controller. If you click a checkbox and need to disable some fields then your view can handle the listener internally. Sometimes custom events make more sense - like have your view listen for a button click and fire a custom event like fireEvent('unregisterUser').

I think what the framework wants you to avoid is doing something like this in your controller.

Code:
    Ext.create('App.view.MyView', {
        listeners: {}
    });
    The above is for view events. The other type of events we use a lot are application events (controller to controller for example). We put these in init() in the controller.

Code:
        init: function() {
            var me = this;

me.getApplication().on({
                showPayment: me.show,
                scope: me
            });
        },

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thanks for your reply. Since I am not directly instantiating the class I'm still not sure where to put the listeners. For instance I'd like to do something in the painted event or a tap event.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    estesbubba will become famous soon enough estesbubba will become famous soon enough

Doesn't matter if you use Ext.create or xtype. Add your listener to control {} and it will pick it up.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

ok. thanks.

Thread Participants: 1