Looks like we can't reproduce the issue or there's a problem in the test case provided.
    Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

Interestingly, I am _not_ able to reproduce this issue at http://sencha.com/examples-dev/#Exam...buttonaligning on an XP machine running IE7. This is a VirtualBox VM, made from an old XP cd, installed as if on a real machine.

IE Version: 7.0.5730.13
    Windows Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600

Vote Rating
    WesleyMoy is on a distinguished road

I've tested on a physical, non-VM machine, and it seems that the combination of XP with either IE7 and IE8 work without issue. I'll keep an eye out for any other configurations of Windows+IE that become available, but for the moment, I'm not able to debug this problem. If this turns out to be a more widespread issue, I'll try to collect more data from you and others to see if I can work out some correlation. Until then, please let us know if you see anything else that might help us start to replicate the issue here.

Vote Rating
    WesleyMoy is on a distinguished road

I've taken a closer look at this issue, and I've committed a potential fix. Please continue any discussion in http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=205452. Unfortunately, because I'm not able to test here, I can't be confident that this resolves the issue completely.