Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    esag_ms is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: How to get the height of a Widget before showing on the screen?

Unanswered: How to get the height of a Widget before showing on the screen?

Hi,

I have a VerticalLayoutContainer with a fixed height and width. Lets call it "outer". To outer I want to add Widgets that are themselfs VerticalLayoutContainers and have only a fixed width. Lets call them "inners". The height of each inner depends on the amount of data that it should display.

Now I want to add only that many inners to outer such that the sum of heights of inners does not exeed the height of outer. For that purpose, I need the heights of inners, which seems not fully available until inners are shown on the screen. This seems especially true for inner containing grids.

Is there a way to get the height of an inner before showing it or to "preshow" it?

Thanks,
    Mathias

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    esag_ms is on a distinguished road

I noticed that when the height of the inners is calculated, contained Grids only show their headers. The height calculation could be correct for other elements.

When or by the call of which method does a grid start to render its body? Is it possible to start this in an earlier point of time?