Looks like we can't reproduce the issue or there's a problem in the test case provided.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    gatherworks is on a distinguished road

Default Duplicating a button in a toolbar issue

Duplicating a button in a toolbar issue

When I duplicate a button in a toolbar, the object name stays the same and I am unable to find a way to change it:
    Code:
    Ext.define('AdminApp.view.MyButton8', {
    This leads to all kinds of interesting issues.

Thanks!

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

The ability to click at a sublevel of a hierarchy and see the JSON structure that would be generated from that level down is going to be removed in the next update.

If you want that sort of behavior you will have to promote it to a class. This should fix this error if I understand what you are talking about properly.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

The ability to see the generated JSON is very useful. When I look for problems, it is very quick to find issues by looking at the generated JSON. Also, when I want to compare 2 objects to understand why they behave differently, viewing the generated JSON is key.

If I understand you correctly, I will still be able to see generated JSON at the top levels... But when I have nested panels it will become much harder to find generated JSON for a specific component.

I believe that your proposed change will make the tool much harder to use. Please consider providing a way to get to it (even if it is only for advanced users).

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

BTW, the errors I see quite frequently since the last couple of upgrades are:
    TypeError: 'null' is not an object

What kind of information can I collect to help you resolve these. They seem a bit random at times. Once they start, they keep popping up frequently until I restart Designer.

Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by gatherworks View Post
    BTW, the errors I see quite frequently since the last couple of upgrades are:
    TypeError: 'null' is not an object

What kind of information can I collect to help you resolve these. They seem a bit random at times. Once they start, they keep popping up frequently until I restart Designer.
    Unfortunately we don't have good error reporting at this time. The best way for you to help us fix these issues are by creating a reproducible test plan with an associated project if you can.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I cannot recreate these issues in a new / smaller project. My assumption is that my project got semi-corrupted with all the upgrades... even though it mostly works, I have to restart designer quite frequently (every few minutes).

Is there a way for me to privately provide you a copy of the project and know that it will stay confidential?

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by gatherworks View Post
    Is there a way for me to privately provide you a copy of the project and know that it will stay confidential?
    Yes, for these sorts of situations you can send the project to designer.feedback at sencha.com and link us to the thread.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Thread Participants: 1