Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    gilaras is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Sending form via Email

Answered: Sending form via Email

Hi there,

I wrote a little form with some textfield, some radiofields and a fileuploadfield.
    What I want the form to do is to send an email with what the user filled the form with.
    The first thing I tried was using "mailto: xxx@yyy.zzz" as the url of the form. I know this may not be the appropriate way, but for what i need this for it should really be enough i guess.
    But this just opens me an empty mail, Firebug shows nothing ... so I guess in addition to being not the appropriate way, it just doesn't work the way I thought.

So my question is: Is there any way to simply send the form via email or do I have to write a server component to do so? Or may I use PHP? If so, can anyone tell me, where I can find how to do it in PHP, because I haven't done anything with PHP yet ...

Thanks in advance and greetz
    gilaras

2. You will need some server side script (there are many email scripts for PHP) to do everything like file upload and such.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

You will need some server side script (there are many email scripts for PHP) to do everything like file upload and such.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    gilaras is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    You will need some server side script (there are many email scripts for PHP) to do everything like file upload and such.
    Well, then I guess I'll have to read something about and learn PHP ;-)
    Thanks for your reply! :-)

Thread Participants: 1