Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    matt@maithu is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Sencha touch 2 tab.Panel and hiding tabs

Unanswered: Sencha touch 2 tab.Panel and hiding tabs

Hi,

Bear with me - I'm completely new to Sencha Touch 2 and this whole paradigm but I need help with figuring out how to do something.

Basically I have Main.js in my view/ directory as a tab.Panel and that references the views Home.js, Matches.js and People.js also in the view/ directory from the bottom toolbar.

The People.js view is also a tab.Panel which then references Frends.js, Events.js, Twitter.js and Facebook.js but the problem I am having is that I don't know how to specify a default landing page when the People tab is tapped at the bottom of the screen.

What I want to be able to do is show a landing page of some description when the People tab is tapped and not to have any of the tab.Panels shown in the top navigation page shown by default, but only to have them shown when the user taps.

The attached screenshot gives an idea of the layout I have. Any suggestions would be well appreciated.

Thanks,

Mattsencha-2.png

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Wrap the child tab panel in a container using card layout. First card be your landing page the second being the tab panel.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1