Hybrid View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mbm29414 is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Getting Started: Sencha Touch 2 on IIS (Windows Server 2008 R2)

Unanswered: Getting Started: Sencha Touch 2 on IIS (Windows Server 2008 R2)

I'm a Visual Basic .NET Desktop and Web developer and an iOS developer.

I've got a native iOS application that I am considering porting to a web application using Sencha Touch.

I write websites for ASP.NET and would like to continue using IIS as my web server.

I've not gotten very far in the "Getting Started" area of things, but I have gotten the SDK installed on my server and browsing to http://localhost/sencha-touch-2.0.0-gpl (using a desktop browser) will indeed show me the documentation site.

The thing is, trying to browse there from an iOS device (tried iPhone and iPad) shows just a blank page.

I also tried the "GS" starter application. Upon loading that app, I get the 3 dot indicator, but it simply scrolls forever. I never get beyond that point to the HTML content.

I have only just started looking into Sencha Touch this morning, and I have no prior experience with anything but HTML, ASP.NET and jQuery, so the syntax and structure of the code is still a little bit unknown to me. (It's a bit disheartening that the "Getting Started" project is failing for me.)

I see in index.html the following line:

<script id="microloader" type="text/javascript" src="sdk/microloader/development.js"></script>

Apparently, that's going to chain everything together so that it all just works, right?

I also see in "app.js" where all of the setup is supposed to actually occur.

What I don't yet see is how my page gets from development.js to app.js. In fact, it appears to me that it's NOT actually getting from point A to point B.

Can anybody help me out?

I'm sure this is a simply fix and a stupid noob question, so please be gentle.

Thanks!

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

First, is your IIS server listening to localhost or for an IP?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Vote Rating
    Answers
    joostvanhassel is on a distinguished road

As mitchellsimoens mentions, you should probably look at the websites 'bindings' in IIS (right-click the site in IIS --> bindings). It should listen to at least the servers ipaddress, so you can browse there from your iOS device. Make sure there's only 1 site listening to the ipaddress (otherwise IIS doesn't 'know' what site to show).

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    MattCobb is on a distinguished road

Default Sencha Touch progress indicator never stops

Sencha Touch progress indicator never stops

Same problem here. The Sencha Touch progress indicator, the three dots, never stops. Clearly the app has started and it is not a problem with the bindings, because this dots are the sencha touch progress dots, not IIS.
    Sencha Progress:
    Bindings:sencha_progress.png

bindings.png

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    MattCobb is on a distinguished road

Default The fix

The fix

The problem is that IIS does not have a mime type defined for .json. So app.json does not and fires a 404.3 with some iis error text about no mime type defined. Go into IIS manager, click Mime Types, Add. Extension json, the type is application/json.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Just got your reported post. Here is why I posted that reply...

First, I do believe it was a valid question even if it didn't solve the problem.

Second, couple days before this thread opened I had another thread with what sounded like the same issue. I asked the same thing and guess what the issue was? I'll wait.... Ok, it was because IIS was only listening to localhost so the device couldn't get to the app due to this. Changed that and it worked.

So I'm sorry my reply wasn't the issue but would you rather me not reply and have this thread go without anything?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Rusty Williams is on a distinguished road

I had the same problem. My implementation of IIS did not have a MIME type for json out of the box. So, I added this (application/json), and the sample app loaded.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    tvance929 is on a distinguished road

Thank you!!!