1. #1
    Sencha User anthonyterrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    30
    Vote Rating
    0
    anthonyterrell is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default Partial use of Designer?

    Partial use of Designer?


    I'm working on a project with Sencha touch 2 and am liking the idea of using Sencha Designer. I have the trial and want to try it out, but I am concerned that I won't be able to just jump into the files later. I've noticed that there is no Index.hml file created.

    Is it possible to start a project in Sencha Designer but then leave it, and manually write the rest if I do not want to continue using the designer? At the same time is it possible to jump back in to Designer later on?

    Thanks in advance,
    Anthony Terrell - Developer
    [twitter] - [forrst]

  2. #2
    Sencha Premium Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Guatemala, Central America
    Posts
    1,305
    Vote Rating
    108
    ssamayoa is just really nice ssamayoa is just really nice ssamayoa is just really nice ssamayoa is just really nice

      0  

    Default


    I use SD for ExtJS and write my own index.html so I can load my own code and show "loading" and so.

    Of course you can stop using SD at any time and do manually any changes to the generated code but you cant back because SD uses metadata files to store components and hasn't the ability of parse hand crafted code.

    Even with some limitations I'm comfortable with SD, In my current project I do about 95% of the work inside SD, the other 5% is library and custom code.

    Regards.
    UI: Sencha Architect 3.x / ExtJS 4 & 5
    Server side: JEE / EJB 3.x / CDI / JPA 2.x/ JAX-RS / JasperReports
    Application Server: Glassfish / WildFly
    Databases: Oracle / DB2 / MySQL / Firebird

    If you like my answer please vote!

  3. #3
    Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    9,359
    Vote Rating
    128
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

      0  

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyterrell View Post
    I've noticed that there is no Index.hml file created.
    The entry point to your application is called designer.html. It is getting renamed to app.html. You can rename it in the filesystem at anytime you'd like.

    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyterrell View Post
    Is it possible to start a project in Sencha Designer but then leave it, and manually write the rest if I do not want to continue using the designer?
    Yes, the generated code is always there for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyterrell View Post
    At the same time is it possible to jump back in to Designer later on?
    If you follow the Designer way of doing things, by writing custom code in overrides files. It is always possible to come back into the Designer later on. If you manually edit the generated files that Designer owns, you will not be able to pick up where you left off.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

  4. #4
    Sencha User anthonyterrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    30
    Vote Rating
    0
    anthonyterrell is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default


    Thank you guys both for your help and quick replies. I will not hesitate to post my progress if it requires it.

    Thanks again,
    Anthony Terrell - Developer
    [twitter] - [forrst]

Thread Participants: 2

Tags for this Thread