Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    pradyumna.naik is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Destroy Touch Chart to release memory

Unanswered: Destroy Touch Chart to release memory

Hi

How do we destroy a Touch Chart so that the memory is released.

I need to display a variety of charts on screen, each chart has to replace the previous chart. Currently I'm clearing the DOM of the chart markup but am unable to release the memory.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
    Pradyumna

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

You should just destroy() or remove the chart from it's parent. If there is a memory leak then this would be considered a bug.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    pradyumna.naik is on a distinguished road

Hi Mitchell

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I'm using the destroy() method to remove the chart object but I get the following error:
    "Error: You are using a ServerProxy but have not supplied it with a url."

I'm not using any server proxy while clearing the screen though.

Thanks
    Pradyumna

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mockeryjones is on a distinguished road

I am running into this issue as well. I call destroy on an existing chart and the memory is not being released.

Is there a method by which the configuration of the chart can be updated dynamically? I know there is the bind store method that will update the store used by the chart but I can't figure out how to reassign series and axes and such. I was hoping that reusing an existing chart would cut down on the fairly serious memory consumption but so far no luck.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    donp is on a distinguished road

Default Chart destroy() not working

Chart destroy() not working

Sencha -

What is the status of this?

We reported this issue about 9 months ago or more, and it was acknowledged as a bug with a memory leak in the Chart package. When destroy ) is called on a Chart object, it is not released, not garbage collected, and the memory is not reclaimed. So, destroying a Chart object and then creating a new one, causes a memory leak.

Has this been fixed yet? The last report we had recently is that it was not yet fixed. Is it being worked on?

Thanks,
    Don P.

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar