Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    KevinJ is on a distinguished road

Default Strange issue with treeview loading data

Strange issue with treeview loading data

My test project will properly load its data store and treeview inside Designer 2 Version 311 but the treeview does not load when deployed. I have auto load turned on and I have verfied the JSON file exists in the specified location. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance,
    Kevin
    Attached Files

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Does the store populate?

Do you see a request being made in the development console?

If you look at the tree does it have 0 height or width?

This is probably a simple mistake, if you are able to archive up your project via File -> Archive Project and upload that here we'd gladly have a look at it for you.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    bharatn is on a distinguished road

root value is incorrect.

Code:
    reader: {
                type: 'json',
                root: 'root' <<< since you are using children which is default remove this config
          }
    See more here
    http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#!...data.TreeStore
    Bharat Nagwani
    Sencha Designer Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

The reader will not allow me to remove the root. When I try the designer throws an error saying "The config value for root is mandatory." I am using the Designer 2 311 build.

The store does populate with data. I can click on the eye and see the data. The Tree panel in the designer shows the root level data. When you deploy I see nothing. The request appears to be being made. The tree is 300x300 pixels.

I have attached the project archive. Just remove the .txt.

Cordially
    Kevin
    Attached Files

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I finally got the tree to load. I could not set the root property of the JsonReader to (none). The designer kept giving me an error that says it was mandatory. I deleted the JsonReader and added back an NEW JSON reader. The default for a new JsonReader root property is (none) so the tree will now load.

It seems like this is a bug in the designer. If (none) (aka null) is a correct value, the designer should allow you to set it to (none) without throwing an error. What do you think?

Kevin

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by KevinJ View Post
    It seems like this is a bug in the designer. If (none) (aka null) is a correct value, the designer should allow you to set it to (none) without throwing an error. What do you think?
    We agree.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Thread Participants: 2