Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTGWT-1774 in a recent build.
    Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    nbuesing is on a distinguished road

Default InlineEditableGrid, when you change a cell's value, old value flashes on blur

InlineEditableGrid, when you change a cell's value, old value flashes on blur

This can be reproduced from the online demos

http://www.sencha.com/examples-dev/#...needitablegrid

Go to a given cell and make a big change, and then navigate away from that cell. The old value will flash for a brief moment prior to the next value being rendered. The GXT Grid would be more polished and professional looking if this didn't happen.

I would recommend that the inner HTML of the table's TD record was updated prior to the input element being removed (hidden) from the DOM.

Vote Rating
    WesleyMoy is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the observation. I've filed a ticket against the team with the information you've given and will update this thread with any changes.

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    nbuesing is on a distinguished road

Thanks,

While I thought this was a minor issue, the more I see it, the more I think it is an issue needing to be addressed.

For example,

if the field has the value

and I change it to

The flashing of "45678", when caught out of the corner of your eye, makes you wonder what changed.

I'm working on a grid of data that is a set of numbers, and I want data enter to be as easy and quick as possible for the users, and this flash will lead to some confusion (in my opinion).

So thanks again for opening this as an issue.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team darrellmeyer's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    darrellmeyer is on a distinguished road

Fixed in SVN.

Vote Rating
    WesleyMoy is on a distinguished road

The fix for this bug has been included in the public release of Sencha GXT 3.0.0. You should now see the fix included in the GXT Explorer demo.

Thread Participants: 2