Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ci11111 is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Ext Core comp with ExtJS

Unanswered: Ext Core comp with ExtJS

Im new to Ext Core, and just seen the combo and carousels that are really nice
    Is it a good idea to include both extjs and extcore scripts, to combine Core features with extjs grids, stores... and layouts? (possible incompatibilities or heaviness for browsers)
    thanks

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Ext Core is just the core of Ext JS and has not widgets. Ext JS 3's core is different than Ext JS 4. Ext JS 4's core is the core of the framework (basically ext.js and ext-debug.js but without a couple things)
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    basememara is on a distinguished road

If I wanted to use the class system only, do I just link ext.js or does it have other dependencies?

My scenario is that I have an existing website that is mostly built in jQuery and pure Javascript objects like this:

Code:
    MyNamespace.MyObject = {
      prop1: 'abc',
      prop2: '123',
      initSearch: function () {
            $('#search-container input[type=submit]').click(function () {
                var query = $('#search-container input[type=text]').val();
                this.applyFilter(query);
            });
      },
      applyFilter: function (query) {
        //do something
      }
    }
    I want to replace the above object with the Sencha class system and need the core instead of the whole Ext JS. Is this possible?

Thread Participants: 2