Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    eric.cook will become famous soon enough

This issue keeps getting mentioned, but there doesn't seem to be any active development into it. Here's my 4.1.0 solution to the issue that I posted last year: Grouped Header Column size

Someone later in the thread mentioned that my solution is incompatible with 4.1.1, but it should provide a good starting point for implementing a 4.2.1 version.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    yuvabarath is on a distinguished road

Mcouillard's suggestion was good.We have the same work as his case.May i know whether this problem is fixed?/Is there any solution for grouping?

Ext JS Premium Member mcouillard's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mcouillard will become famous soon enough

Still an issue in 5.0 beta - hasn't gotten any better.

I haven't yet been able to put code to my design. It seems that idea plus the example from Eric in 4.1 is the closest we're currently at.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ESSS.bertoldi is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by mcouillard View Post
    Still an issue in 5.0 beta - hasn't gotten any better.

I haven't yet been able to put code to my design. It seems that idea plus the example from Eric in 4.1 is the closest we're currently at.
    This sadly remains an issue in 5.0.1 version even though it is a very interesting feature.

In our company we try to create whenever possible columns using flex configurations. This missing feature/bug (IMHO it is a bug considering you get an error for trying to set dimension of grouped column) is very troublesome and for now have implemented a (sadly weak) workaround.

Are there any plans to implement this feature in the near future?