Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    bax1989 is on a distinguished road

Default Ext JS in a maven project.

Ext JS in a maven project.

Is there any way to integrate the ext-js building in a maven project ?
    We have a web application with the server side written in Java taht gets builded in a war using maven. As for now I saw that for the Sencha SDK Tools 'create' command to work, the application should be deployed and started, only then we can get the *.jsb3 file. Having this behavior it's impossible to get the app-all.js file running the sencha tool from maven (via command line), catch the output files and package them. Also it's not clear about extjs distribution, as I understand, not only extjs.js must be left in the extjs folder (and resources of course) but also the src directory (without it left there I get errors).
    So, have someone integrated extjs in a maven project ? Maybe there is some maven plugin for doing the job. And what extjs files should go to the web server for the application to work well, or I should copy there all extjs dist ?
    Thanks

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mepeisen is on a distinguished road

Default subscribe

subscribe

Hi.

A possible solution would be for interest of me too. We are currently writing a solution to embedd php into maven. There are multiple feature requests and one of them related to extjs integration. First of all: Is there an official contribution around?

Related to your question: I do not know if I understand it because I did not ever use the senchar build system. Till today I only created javascript files for extjs applications and destributed them in original form. Maybe we could work together to write a small maven plugin for it and a small documentation on how to integrate it with maven-war-plugin and our php plugin.

Greetings
    Martin

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    bax1989 is on a distinguished road

What I am doing is described in Ext JS 4, getting started : section 3. Deployement.
    There is a tool that analyzes your app.js and make a file app-all.js which you should include in your app.
    The first question is related to the fact that this thing works only when passing as argument the actual URL of the application, but I would like it to work just having the application fils tructure.
    The second question is : what files from ext js dist should I include in web-app after obtaining the app-all js file ? I thought that only app-all.js and extjs/ext.js are needed but without the src directory(extjs/src) deployed it does not work.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    frankbolviken is on a distinguished road

Have you discovered any sollution for this?
    I'm having the same problem.

Frank

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    stimpy has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I would also like to see examples or guides on integrating ext builds with maven .

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

The only plugin I am seeing is this one: http://mojo.codehaus.org/javascript-maven-tools/
    There seems to be support for the jsbuilder. It does not solve the problems that the war-project or java-backend is not available in the javascript-project. But maybe I can write a small plugin that is aware of creating a jsbuilder file from parsing the src directory for classes.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    aionescu is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by bax1989 View Post
    Is there any way to integrate the ext-js building in a maven project ?
    We tried to do it, but it's a total PITA, so we abandoned using Maven for our Ext project, and we reverted to ANT since it was somewhat easier to circumvent the Ext distribution structure and tools.

Would be really nice however if Sencha would provide a Maven version, so that people just simply include an "ext" dependency in their project and be ready to start, e.g.:

Code:
      <dependency>
        <groupId>Sencha</groupId> 
        <artifactId>ExtJS</artifactId>       
       <version>4.1.0</version>           
     </dependency>

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Please send me a private message with your email contact. I will send you a sample project that works (including extjs 4.1.0 gpl)
    It contains a javascript solution, a php solution and a java servlet solution for a extjs hello world app.

I wrote to the sencha support. Let us hope sencha decides to support this. It would even be nice if they simply decide to publish newest versions to a maven repository. Whether this will be hosted by php-maven or by sencha itself is not that important. Maybe sencha itself decides to host a small maven repos.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    stimpy has a little shameless behaviour in the past

One more vote for full maven support .

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hi.

A quick start using extjs 4.1.0, a javascript project and php/war projects.

http://www.xworlds.org/extjs-sample.zip
    For php plugin please read http://www.php-maven.org/prepare.html
    The javascript plugin is still alpha.

The extjs gpl will soon be located in the php-maven repository if sencha does not provide their own repository. And we will provide some plugins to let the pom.xml be very small and to automatically create the jsb3 build file.

Please watch our google groups for nrews and feel free to report issues there.
    https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro.../maven-for-php

Greetings