Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Andrei_2012 is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Sencha default text filed style crashes for some Android devices

Unanswered: Sencha default text filed style crashes for some Android devices

I am having problems with the default style of Sencha (or Android not sure) for the text inputs and password fields, it works ok on iOS devices and on some android devices, but HTC and others put their awful default style (white background and grey border) which i can nohow change or hide. Because of that all the layout looks very awful.... see the image please. Even the sample of Sencha Touch has the same problem. see please the second image here. Please if you have any suggestion what is the reason of it or how it is possible to hide i would be very grateful!! here is all i have tried for that

Code:
    input { 
        background: transparent !important; 
        border: 0 transparent !important; 
        -webkit-appearance: none; 
    } 
    input[type=text] { 
        border: 0 transparent !important; 
    }
    input:focus{ 
        outline:none; 
        border-color: transparent !important; 
        -webkit-focus-ring-color: transparent; 
    }
    Thanks in advance Andrei
    Last edited by mitchellsimoens; 4 Apr 2012 at 7:14 AM. Reason: remove table, add [CODE] tags

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

If you inspect the DOM, I'm sure the border you specify is not used. If so then there isn't a whole lot we can do about it AFAIK
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Andrei_2012 is on a distinguished road

Sure it is not there. So is there anything that can be done about it? Can you tell me what causes the problem so that i can look for a way to solve it?