Vote Rating
    slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of

Post [RC1 - 2] Field borders in IE8 Compat

[RC1 - 2] Field borders in IE8 Compat

In RC1 & 2 the form field upper/lower borders are missing (sometimes just the top one depending) in IE8 in compat mode. I can change the mode to 8 and the borders are fine as expected. I have a neighbor pull up the same in IE7 and it's fine so just seems to be compat mode IE8. Sadly, most of our company is on IE8 and IT enforces compatibility mode on all intranet sites via Group Policy.

Happens in form panels, toolbars, etc.

Is there any way you can look at the form field styling in IE8 strict during this last run towards GA? I'll be your best friend...

field-borders2.PNG

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

IT enforces compatibility mode on all intranet sites via Group Policy
    Perhaps we need to have a sit down

I loaded several of our example forms in IE/8 Quirky mode and I was unable to duplicate the problem. Do you have an custom CSS that may be getting in the way?

If use one of our examples, do you see the same behavior?

Regards,
    Scott.

Vote Rating
    slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of

Here is what I'm seeing when I pull up the Dynamic Forms example from the SDK. Also here is a screenshot of IE's developer tools panel to show how it's loading up by default.

*BTW, I just posted asking how Ext JS renders up within IE using Chromeframe. Today chromeframe is blocked on our corp machines. But, if Ext JS renders up in IE using Chromeframe as if it were native Chrome then I might lobby for IT to open it as a permitted add-on.
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...C2-Chromeframe

ie8-compat-simple-form-dev-tools.PNGie8-compat-simple-form.PNG

Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

see if this helps:
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/archive/.../t-116014.html

Regards,
    Scott.

Vote Rating

Thx. Looks like doing some custom CSS for when our tools are opened in IE8 (some folks are permitted to use FF) might be the way I'll have to go.

For reference below is what the form looks like when I load up 4.1 Beta 3. The field styling was ok in 4.1 Beta 1, 2, and 3 and I think the Preview release prior to that. It was also ok in 4.0.7, 4.0.6, 4.0.2, 3.4, and 2.2.

Any chance you guys can take one more look at it before GA? 4.1 RC1 is the first place I started having the field styling require unique CSS solutions for IE. I've got a handful of projects I did in 4.0.x and am hoping for as smooth as possible a migration over to 4.1.

Thanks again for looking at this with me.

ie8-compat-form-beta3.PNG

Vote Rating

In looking again at your screen in post 3, I noticed that you are using IE8/IE7 standards.

to clarify .. If you use:
    IE8/IE8, ok?
    IE8/Quirky, ok?
    IE8/IE7, not ok?

If this is the case, we do not support alternate browser version emulations.
    If this is not the case, we can proceed.

Regards,
    Scott.

Vote Rating

Ok. Was thinking it fell into the unsupported realm. Guess I lucked out over the past few releases with the field styling.

I did discover a way to opt a page out of IE8's "compat mode on intranet sites" option in case anyone else comes across this post.

You can add the following tag to your page:
    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8" />

or from what I've read the following header response:
    name: X-UA-Compatible
    value: IE=8

I know this fixes the field styling for our users on IE8. Don't know what it does to users who are still on IE7. Will have to test once back in the office next week. Though I think we still have about 30k users on IE7 so hopefully this works for them, too.

Thread Participants: 1