Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    kworam is on a distinguished road

Default callback function parameters

callback function parameters

Pardon me if this is a newbie question: I have implemented an Ext.Direct handler on my ASP.NET website and I am able to successfully call it from my Sencha Touch 2 application. When I make the call to the Ext.Direct server method, I pass a callback function that takes two parameters: 'data' and 'trans'.

I am now trying to implement error handling in the callback function. When no server exception occurs, the return value of the server method is received in 'data'. When a server exception does occur, 'data' is null and the Chrome debugger shows that the '_message' member of the 'trans' object contains an error message. I can't find any documentation of the 'trans' parameter and how to properly use it for error detection and handling. Could someone point me to the appropriate documentation?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

The trans parameter is most like the Ext.direct.Transaction instance.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    kworam is on a distinguished road

Default not intended for use

not intended for use

Thanks. I looked up Ext.direct.Transaction in the docs and found it described as a 'Supporting Class for Ext.Direct (not intended to be used directly)'. This makes me think I shouldn't use it in my code.

While looking at the Ext.direct docs, I noticed Ext.direct.ExceptionEvent which is described as 'An event that is fired when an exception is received from a Ext.direct.RemotingProvider'. This looks promising. Should I use this to detect exceptions in the server method? If so, is there any sample code that demonstrates how to register for the event and properly handle it?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

You should be able to use the on() method on the provider
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1