Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    kmithemanth is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Rest Services Authentication

Unanswered: Rest Services Authentication

I have a rest call which works fine when i log in to the parent site ( the site which provides the rest call) from another browser tab. But when i use the call directly, (without logging in to the site from another tab) i'm getting error 401 Unauthorised. This is expected, but how do i authenticate my rest call?

On searching the internet, i've seen a bunch of codes using this:
    proxy:{
    type: 'rest',
    url: 'somesite.com/restservice1',
    method: 'GET',
    username: 'user1',
    password: 'pass'
    }

and also this:
    proxy:{
    type: 'rest',
    url: 'somesite.com/restservice1',
    method: 'GET',
    extraParams:{
    username: 'user1',
    password: 'pass'

}
    }

None of them work. How do i get it working? As many sites (almost all of them) use authentication with their rest services, there's got to be a way.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

extraParams will send the username/password as parameters. Is that what your setup is needing?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

but it just appends the username and password to the url. i wanted something that actually authenticates before calling the rest service. is that possible?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

The rest proxy isn't going to do that. You would need to send an initial request or on the server if not logged in and the username/password is in the request attempt an auto login.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

okay, so is there a way to send a request for authentication from the app itself? also, i didn't get you about the auto login. (by the way, i'm still learning sencha. so i'll probably have a lot of questions )