Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    y612000 is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: clear.gif is missing

Unanswered: clear.gif is missing

If we run our applications in hosted mode or in compiled mode (with tomcat), the clear.gif in the generated source code is missing. This result in an 404 error and for example, the image for displaying the sort direction in the header of the grid will not be displayed.

Only the clear.nocache.gif is found in the compile folder. I'am missing something?

Vote Rating
    Answers
    icfantv will become famous soon enough icfantv will become famous soon enough

UPDATE:

Ahhh. I just noticed your's is nocache....did you do something specific to turn on/off cacheing?

That's odd. How are you building your application? Maven? If so, I can paste our relevate POM code.

Here's the output from our web app (mainEntry is the rename-to) for clear.gif - do you have the one under base?

Code:
    $ find -name *.gif | grep clear
    ./mainEntry/clear.gif
    ./mainEntry/clear.cache.gif
    ./mainEntry/base/images/clear.gif

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    y612000 is on a distinguished road

Yes, we are building with Maven. Only the clear.gif in the root folder is missing. The other two files you are mentioned are available.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

y612000, is it possible you are not adding GXT.gwt.xml to your module file, but are only including the pieces that you intend to use? Doing that would skip the public/ dir that contains clear.gif.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    mtraynham is on a distinguished road

Hey Colin, having the same issue. I copied the GXT.gwt.xml file into my own .gwt.xml to avoid the Blue Appearance.

The solution, which you seem to hint at, is to create a public folder next to my .gwt.xml file that contains the clear.gif and the blank.html files.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

The clear.gif file probably belongs in the core module so that this isn't an issue, but in the meantime, yes, if you are using a custom module setup that excludes GXT.gwt.xml, you may need to move the file.

As a side note, you may not need to copy GXT.gwt.xml to override Blue - it should be sufficient to put your own replace-with rules after the GXT inherits statement so that yours take precedence. This also would allow widgets that you haven't yet rethemed to continue to work until they are themed.

Code:
      <inherits name='com.sencha.gxt.ui.GXT' />

<inherits name='my.project.theme.custom.CustomTheme' />

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    gishmo is on a distinguished road

Hi Colin,

I read your post about optimizing a GXT application.
    One of your advices is to use:

<inherits name="com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.Core"/>
    <inherits name="com.sencha.gxt.state.State"/>
    <inherits name="com.sencha.gxt.theme.blue.Blue"/>

insteed of using

<inherits name='com.sencha.gxt.ui.GXT'/>

in the module descriptor.

if I use the first inherits, the clear.gif is not deployed to the module directory and some widgets looks awful. (because of the msissing clear.gif)
    Going back to the second definition, the clear.gif gets deployed and everything is ok!

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Answers

The blog post Gishmo is referring to: http://www.sencha.com/blog/using-the...better-builds/

You are definitely correct about that - I've made some tentative changes to better support that use case. A cleaner fix if you want to have all of those permutations would be to put a copy of clear.gif in your own public/ dir so that it is compiled in.

That said, in the discussion of things that actually help build times and sizes, this doesn't even rank - it saves less than 1% compiled size. I can't think of a case where saving 21k over 2.5MB would be worthwhile - gzipped, that 21k will end up being a savings of about 5k. If your app took a minute and a half to load, making this change would save almost one second.

I left this detail out from the later discussion points, as any other change to optimize for compiled size is at least an order of magnitude better. If you do decide to make use of this change, then the workaround above will solve this issue. We will make a fix for this in a later release, at least by 3.1.0.

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    gishmo is on a distinguished road

You are right. I switch back to the second version:

<inherits name='com.sencha.gxt.ui.GXT' />

But I need more than an hour to find out, why my tree was looking so bad. :-D

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    Andreas Samjeske will become famous soon enough

Default clear.gif missing in Super Dev Mode

clear.gif missing in Super Dev Mode

I switched from classic Dev Mode to Super Dev Mode. Suddenly there are some files missing:
    • clear.gif
    • clear.cache.gif
    • base/images/grid/grid3-hd-btn.gif
    Versions:
    GWT 2.6.1
    GXT 3.1.0

.gwt.xml:
    Code:
    <module rename-to='foo'>
      <inherits name='com.sencha.gxt.ui.GXT'/>
      <inherits name='com.sencha.gxt.chart.Chart'/>
      <stylesheet src="reset.css" />