Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    naseerkhan is on a distinguished road

Default How to add a list to one select box based on another select box value

How to add a list to one select box based on another select box value

hi friends,
    This is naseer. I have a small problem i.e If i select a country in one select box then in next select box the states list has to be added dyanamically. Pls send me one simple example code regarding this issue.Its urgent for me.
    Pls .........

Thanking u in advance. Don't fortget to send the code. Pls....................

Thanks & Regards,
    NaseerKhan. P

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Basically what you need to do is when the first select field's change or select event is fired, get the second select field and load it's store. That's the first big step.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

yes but there must be different stores ex if u select india then the corresponding states has to be added to the second select box and if u select another country then its corresponding states has to be add to the second select box.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Right. You just need to resolve the 2nd field and load the store.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thank you very much for your valuable suggestions. I got the solution from the below link i.e

http://www.swarmonline.com/2011/05/d...lected-values/

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    lucas.mouilleron@me.com is on a distinguished road

Default picker does not reload

picker does not reload

Hi,

I am using 2 select fields in a similar way (though, each of my select field has its own store, and the second one is configured with getProxy(), anyway).

Select 1 : stockList
    Select 2 : stock

When i change 1, 2 is changing.
    But if i open the picker of 2, close it, and then change 1, and reopen 2, the datas in it are still from the last selection (but the visible item was from the new stockList selected).

I think my picker 2 is not refreshed properly when displayed.

Here is what i do on select 1
    Code:
    listeners:{		change: function(combo, value){ 
    		    select2.setPlaceHolder("loading stocks ...");
    		    var storeSelect2 = Ext.create('ts.store.select2store');
    		    storeSelect2.getProxy().select1ID = combo.getValue();
    		    select2.setStore(storeSelect2.load());
    		}
    	    }