1. #1
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3
    Vote Rating
    0
    martv is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default Weird characters at the end of AndroidManifest.xml

    Weird characters at the end of AndroidManifest.xml


    Hello,

    I have problems with building native app for android. When I run:

    Code:
    sencha package run configAndroid.json
    I got this error:

    Code:
    [setup] [Fatal Error] :22:12: Content is not allowed in trailing section.
    I found out that at the end of AndroidManifest.xml are weird characters:

    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" package="eu.mycompany.MobileTest" android:versionCode="1" android:versionName="1.0">
     .....
    </manifest>j,Ö(
    My OS is Win7 64bit, Sencha SDK 2.0, config file attached.
    Attached Files

  2. #2
    Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    37,524
    Vote Rating
    873
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

      0  

    Default


    Odd. I don't see it when I run it.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager
    ________________
    Check out my GitHub, lots of nice things for Ext JS 4 and Sencha Touch 2
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

    Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

    Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

    Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

    When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

  3. #3
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3
    Vote Rating
    0
    karhuminer is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default


    I'm having the same problem - and my manifest has similar characters - anyone find a fix?

  4. #4
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1
    Vote Rating
    0
    hallgeirl is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default


    I have the same problem. I run Windows 7 64-bit. I have tried:
    - Both the commercial and open source SDKs
    - Using both a 32-bit and 64-bit Java JDK
    - Packaging one of the examples (no luck)

    Have anyone found a solution to this problem yet?

  5. #5
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2
    Vote Rating
    0
    discordance is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default


    Same problem for me on Windows 7 x64....

  6. #6
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3
    Vote Rating
    0
    sparkalow is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default Same for me

    Same for me


    using the patched command for android api level. We may just have to forgo android apps or switch to different development.

  7. #7
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3
    Vote Rating
    1
    afialvi is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default Same Problem

    Same Problem


    Error : "Content not allowed in trailing section "
    while packaging for Debug configuration for Android,
    My OS also Windows 7 ,x64.
    Please do Something I am getting sick of it.

  8. #8
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1
    Vote Rating
    0
    jinzai is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default Content not allowed in trailing section

    Content not allowed in trailing section


    I had a similar issue this morning. There was a line feed after the </manifest> closing tag. This is a common problem in source files. All I did was remove that trailing line feed and the problem vanished. Perhaps there is a conflict with encoding the text -- be on the lookout for this when you edit files with other editors.

    Parsers ought to, imho...stop parsing after they have found the closing tag...but that is an (OLD!) software engineering issue and not a developer's issue. There is a very easy to apply workaround. The better answer, also imho....would be to find out how this corruption is happening in the first place. Apparently there is some garbage in there when the file gets saved.

    In my case, I believe that my IDE (Eclipse) got forcibly closed overnight...and also, I was using another editor to edit the Sencha Touch files because I have yet to get ADT, PhoneGap and Touch integrated into one project that Eclipse and Ant can build. (I don't think I will, either....) I did not edit the manifest outside of Eclipse, however.