Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mdebranski is on a distinguished road

Default Promised Workflow?

Promised Workflow?

I just went through the video that introduced Designer 2 and am wondering where the promised workflow is? Design, Develop, Deploy as an iterative process. From what the docs say you have to export your project and then share that export in order for another person to work on the project? Also, what if they're not in Designer but Touch 2? I'm new to all of this so trying to figure this out is proving to be a bit difficult.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

The workflow is there. The designer works off of a "working directory" concept. Your project encompasses a whole directory where both the generated code and metadata about that code lives.

In order to send the archive to someone you must archive the project. This creates a zip of the project contents that can easily be sent/shared. However, in a typical working environment you would simply check the whole directory into source control to share with your colleagues.

Designer allows you to build applications for both Touch 2 and for Ext JS 4.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thank you Aaron! So a developer and myself (within designer) could work on code in tandem (using GitHub to check in/out) w/o designer overwriting custom code (merging code?).

Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by mdebranski View Post
    Thank you Aaron! So a developer and myself (within designer) could work on code in tandem (using GitHub to check in/out) w/o designer overwriting custom code (merging code?).
    This is correct.

A few points though so that I don't lead you to believe anything thats not true.
    - The Designer does not import existing projects that have already been built/customized outside of Designer.
    - The developer must use the "Create Override" technique of implementing their custom code inside of designer so that there is no clash between generated code and their custom code.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

What if they're not using Designer but Touch 2?

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by mdebranski View Post
    What if they're not using Designer but Touch 2?
    Designer generates code both for Touch 2 and Ext JS 4.

They are not either/or situations. I'm not sure I understand your question.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Thread Participants: 1