Looks like we can't reproduce the issue or there's a problem in the test case provided.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    audra is on a distinguished road

Default No defaultTabPanelAppearance?

No defaultTabPanelAppearance?

I was just curious why there is only blue and no default...

Will the gray theme be implemented?

Thanks,
    Audra

Vote Rating
    WesleyMoy is on a distinguished road

What would you expect to see in a "default" appearance? Ext GWT defaults to an included blue theme, so the blue tab panel appearance is the default.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

my custom appearance has to extend blueplaintabpanelappearance to take advantage of the PlainTabPanelTemplates implemented inside of it... It works fine, just seems weird extending a 'blue' anything.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

The appearance naming convention in the Blue and Base modules are set up so that it is clear what each implementation is for, and what it will do. Anything referring to Blue will have some blue color in it somewhere, and will likely extend an appearance with Base in its name. This is so that other colors can easily be implemented as well, keep the same basic structure and wiring, just with slightly different styles.

The only time a theme should be referred to as 'Default' is when it is the only appearance implementation required (for the basic set of themes - it can of course still be overridden in your own projects). These will typically not have simple color differences that should be overridden just to alter the colors in the widget.

A few examples of widgets that make sense to have default themes:
    * FieldLabel - appearance only draws text, leaves room for a field
    * Mask - only exists to mark something as temporarily unavailable
    * Checkbox/Radio - these are rendered using the browser's built in input elements

For others, our naming convention says that we should name them Base, so that they can be easily overridden to select a certain color, or you can extend the Blue version if you want an appearance that is blue like our defaults, but has additional characteristics other than what we apply.

Software Architect
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

I think the issue is that we only have BluePlainTabPanelAppearance that directly extends BlueTabPanelAppearance and does not extend TabPanelBaseAppearance or PlainTabPanelBaseAppearance (not existing)

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Yep Sven, that's what i mean.

Thanks,
    Audra

Vote Rating
    WesleyMoy is on a distinguished road

You don't need to extend BluePlainTabPanelAppearance to have access to PlainTabPanelTemplates. You can call GWT.create(BluePlainTabPanelAppearance.PlainTabPanelTemplates.class) to receive an implementation of the plain templates that you can use in your custom appearance.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

It's still just as weird to refer to something blue in my custom appearance... Not a big deal, like I said, it still works... just weird.