Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    aliakakis is on a distinguished road

Default Sencha Designer custom widgets

Sencha Designer custom widgets

I have a project in which a library of custom widgets should be created. Each custom widget will have to include the javascript code with underlying functionality and a custom CSS style. Moreover, various effects e.g. slide, fade might be added as well. I wanted to inquire whether I can use Sencha Designer and Ext JS 4 in order to undertake this project. Thank you.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Yes, if they are completely new widgets that you have already developed, you can include their javascript and css via the resource manager in Designer (coming in the next beta).

You will have to write your own javascript to instantiate these new widgets you wrote. (They will not automagically be available in the Toolbox with drag/drop/gui design features available.)
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thank you for the quick reply. In case I want to build custom widgets by using the designer's widgets available in the toolbox and then export the final result? For example add a button into a viewport, add effects, add css styling from within the designer and export the project.

Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Yes, you can do that. With the below limitations:

We don't have support for editing of custom css yet.
    The css also will not apply at design time, only at runtime in the browser/or on the device
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Apologies for the late reply. I can add custom CSS after the widget is exported though?

Vote Rating

You can add additional css by going to settings, Resources and then adding additional css files.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold ssamayoa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by aconran View Post
    You can add additional css by going to settings, Resources and then adding additional css files.
    Where are stored those resources?

Limited to js and css or images can be added?

Regards.
    UI: Sencha Architect 3.x / ExtJS 4 & 5
    Server side: JEE / EJB 3.x / CDI / JPA 2.x/ JAX-RS / JasperReports
    Application Server: Glassfish / WildFly
    Databases: Oracle / DB2 / MySQL / Firebird

If you like my answer please vote!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Great news. Then how do I reference it? By using the class name of the component inside the CSS? Are there any examples? Thank you.

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by ssamayoa View Post
    Where are stored those resources?

Limited to js and css or images can be added?

Regards.
    JS and CSS. It's just a url. They can be relative to your project (stored within it) or it can be absolute, stored on google.com.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by aliakakis View Post
    Great news. Then how do I reference it? By using the class name of the component inside the CSS? Are there any examples? Thank you.
    Yes, you use the css class and/or rules you've defined in css.

We don't have any examples quite yet, but there will be some.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Thread Participants: 2