Looks like we can't reproduce the issue or there's a problem in the test case provided.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about

Default [2.0.1] native android app: no splash screen

[2.0.1] native android app: no splash screen

I'm not sure, whether this is a bug or not. but I was assuming that I should at least see the sencha logo when the app is launched on the device. instead I'm just getting a white screen. tested on ICS and V2.3.
    am I doing something wrong?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Did you create your app with Sencha Command?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about

yes, created with [2.0.0] and updated with [2.0.1]

under resources/loading I can see a bunch of images (splash screens) and under resources/icons a bunch of launcher icons. but none of them is used...

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Rui Marinho is on a distinguished road

i have the same issue.. no splash screen, only white page! before the app starts!
    i also am using the latest sencha and sdk tools. i use sencha command to generate app, and to package as android i deploy to device and it works, only issue is no splashscreen.
    also i reported that building as release native for ios is broken too.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    HobieCat is on a distinguished road

Same issue for me as well. Same sencha versions, same everything I should say.
    Has anybody managed this?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ronaldoneal is on a distinguished road

I was able to get the build done by using "sencha generate build" and not "sencha generate build native". I had to manually do the "adb install -r <*.apk file>" along with making the screen size 7 inches.

No splash screen.

.apk file size is larger. What needs to minimize the file?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    HobieCat is on a distinguished road

Hi Ronald,

Yes the apk file size is going to be about 40Mb unless you build for production first.
    This is my experience, don't have my notes with me and can be more detailed on tuesday.

But please, let's stick to the topic: still no splashscreen on Android, anybody?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    karazy is on a distinguished road

Is it only possible to get a splash screen with sencha native packaging? Because I'm using phonegap to wrap my application.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ronaldoneal is on a distinguished road

Sorry for the other topic. Trying to get answers for issues that are not being answered in other post.

I was able to get the splash screen to work by putting the default.png file in the base directory.

"iconName":"C://wamp//www//campaignforchrist//default.png",

C:\wamp\www\campaignforchrist>sencha package build > spb.txt

spb.txt is the verbose output sent to a text file so I can review the issues.

C:\wamp\www\campaignforchrist>adb install -r \wamp\www\build\campaignforchrist\HoustonCampaignForChrist.apk
    73 KB/s (8747613 bytes in 115.472s)
    pkg: /data/local/tmp/HoustonCampaignForChrist.apk
    Success

Splash screen comes up, then the spinning balls, then the loading screen, then finally the main screen. Works fine in Android emulator.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    randyhoyt is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by HobieCat View Post
    Yes the apk file size is going to be about 40Mb unless you build for production first.
    This is my experience, don't have my notes with me and can be more detailed on tuesday.
    What do you mean "build for production"? I just packaged up the Getting Started app and was stunned that it was 40 MB. Surely this file size can be greatly reduced, right? I'd love to see your notes.