Hybrid View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mboreback is on a distinguished road

Default How can session timeoute be handled?

How can session timeoute be handled?

Hi,

I am building a small web app with a login pannel and som application components.
    Is there a good way to handle session timeouts and move the users back to the login page.

I could do this in the faulre event for each form and store, but would like to have a genel function for this in a controler or on the application level.

Any hints for how to do this?

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough

Session, as you may already do, is controller at server side. So my ExtJS code checks the validity of the session only when applications communicates with server code, I mean, proxies and ajax calls. This is the exception event of all my proxies:

Code:
    DataUtils.proxyException(server, response, operation);
    Such utility method in the DataUtils singleton class shows the appropiate error to the user then, depending on the error message, redirects to login page which is JSF.

Regards.
    UI: Sencha Architect 3.x / ExtJS 4 & 5
    Server side: JEE / EJB 3.x / CDI / JPA 2.x/ JAX-RS / JasperReports
    Application Server: Glassfish / WildFly
    Databases: Oracle / DB2 / MySQL / Firebird

If you like my answer please vote!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mboreback is on a distinguished road

Intresting, this is something that could solve my problem.
    I tryed to find the documentation for this in sencha touch and extjs 4 api documentation but could not find anything.
    I also looked in Sencha Designer but could not find a way to define the event there.

Thread Participants: 1