Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    rushi2440 is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: how to redirect to another jsp from java

Unanswered: how to redirect to another jsp from java

Hi.. sencha forum member

I am having some problem with redirect to another jsp page from my java class.

I am using spring 3.0, JPA and extjs 4.0.

I am having login form which takes the username and password from the user and on server side after proper verification, I will redirect them to valid jsp page.

I am using the below code to redirect to another jsp page

private String LOGIN_PAGE = "../index.jsp";

Code:
    @RequestMapping(value = "/login/GetLoginCheck.action")
    	public void sitemap (HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)  throws Exception {
    		try {
    			System.out.println("QUERY TO GET LOGIN");
    			response.sendRedirect(LOGIN_PAGE);
    			return ;
    		} catch (Exception e) {
    			return ;
    		}
    	}
    but don't know why the jsp page didn't get opened instead I just get the requested full page to my firebug console as response as below image
    login.jpg

so kindly please suggest me what's wrong with my above code.

Yogendra Singh
    Sr. Programmer
    Kintudesigns.com

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

I am unable to see your screenshot, but are you getting the correct information back to the client from the server?

Can you just redirect to the page send back from the server using: window.location = URL;

Regards,
    Scott.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    börn is on a distinguished road

yap unfortunately - if you submit your form - the ext form makes an ajax request and waits for a success message made by the server. If you want a standard form submit behaviour you have to set standardSubmit:true.

Alternatively as said in the answer above you can redirect manually with "document.location.href" in the success callback function of your js-submit function (so you have to send a success-object to the client in your server's method instead of making a redirect).

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    börn is on a distinguished road

besides you should consider using spring-security if using spring-mvc already.

Thread Participants: 2