Hybrid View

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    iBRD is on a distinguished road

Default Cloud - can be internally hosted?

Cloud - can be internally hosted?

We're very interested in a data synchronization solution for our mobile enterprise applications, and Sencha.io looks promising for that, but we would need to store the server-side data behind our firewall.

Can we host the cloud storage on our servers, or does Sencha.io only work with a Sencha-hosted cloud?

Otherwise, are there other recommended ways to sync data using Sencha frameworks

Thanks!

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Sencha.IO is only for sencha hosted sites. We don't have a process to sell the service for you to host.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Thanks for the quick reply. Does the Sencha Touch framework otherwise lend itself to the task of synchronizing data between the device and server? Are there recommended approaches or tutorials addressing device/server data synchronization scenarios using Sencha?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    merrells is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, I totally missed this thread. I'm sorry that we didn't reply sooner.

> Does the Sencha Touch framework otherwise lend itself to the task of synchronizing data between the device and server?

Yes, the sync store is designed for efficient synchronization of data from device to server.

>Are there recommended approaches or tutorials addressing device/server data synchronization scenarios using Sencha?

We do not yet have much documentation available other than a senchacon presentation, and the API documentation. There are some tutorial guides in the documentation, which might help you get going.

John

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I'll look into the sync store functionality. Thanks for the info.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

...sorry but I guess I have a few more questions as I'm not immediately finding sync store info looking at the docs...

Any quick hints, at least at a high level, on what API components or libraries come into play here? Is sync store a separate component/class or is it more a technique of using a store with a proxy and such? This is not a part of Sencha IO, right?

Is the respective Senchacon presentation made available as a link?

Thanks for any help!

Thread Participants: 2