Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jonhobbs is on a distinguished road

Default Switching views using a button

Switching views using a button

Hi Guys,

This should be a simple one hopefully....

I've created two views in Sencha designer, a splash screen and a registration form. The splash screen has a "register" button on it and when it's tapped I'd like to switch from the splash screen to the registration view.

I'm not using a navigation view because I don't want a title bar on the splash screen. I'm also not using a card layout or anything like that, just two distinct views.

So, do I use the 'tap' action on the button and put the code in there or should I put the logic in a controller?

Also, should I Hide/Show the views or should I create/destroy them?

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Sounds like you should be using a container with a card layout.

On tap you will just want to invoke setActiveItem for the next card.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thanks Aaron,

I think in this instance the card layout will work, but once the user has registered or logged in I'd like to take them to a completely fresh view as they won't be going back to the splash screen again. Is tere a way to do what I'm trying to do or should I just keep nesting card layouts and not worry about keeping lots of views in memory?

Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

remove and destroy the register page once its been used
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Sorry, I'm a complete beginner and I was asking how to do this. Where does the logic go, in the button tap event or in some kind of controller?

Vote Rating

It can go in either place. You'll want to set the activeItem to the other page, remove the old item and destroy it.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

OK, thanks Aaron, I'll give it a go.

Thread Participants: 1