Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    TheRegge is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Installing Charts with Sencha touch 2

Answered: Installing Charts with Sencha touch 2

Please post some step by step instructions to use charts with an existing sencha touch 2 project. Please assume we are beginners... I have tried many of the solutions posted here and there with no success. Please describe best practices. Please describe directory structures, where charts go, where scss go etc. Do we need to edit our config.rb file in the app resources folder? Does the charts install keep it's own directories and config for scss? So many questions, so few answers... Want to buy it for my work project, but not without any good documentation to install it...
    Thanks!

2. If you are using Sencha Command then you should use the sencha-touch.js that comes with the touch charts in app.json. Also in app.json you can add touch-charts.js. After that it's just a matter of getting the SASS in there.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

If you are using Sencha Command then you should use the sencha-touch.js that comes with the touch charts in app.json. Also in app.json you can add touch-charts.js. After that it's just a matter of getting the SASS in there.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Do you mean switch the sencha-touch.js file from the regular sencha-touch to the sencha-touch.js that is inside the charts package, BEFORE running a command like sencha app create... or do you mean running the command for creating the app, then switching the libs? And do I need to switch the other lib sencha-touch-debug.js ?
    Thank you very much for your help and patience.
    Regis

Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

You would need to change app.json after you do the app create.

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Default Still not working...

Still not working...

Oh - ok, I understand. Sorry to be so slow... I am not physically moving any files, but linking to the sencha-touch library that is shipped with touch-charts by changing the ref in app.json of my newly created app. Just so we are on the same page, here is what I did.
    1. Opened Terminal window and cd /path/to/sencha/touch/2
    2. ran: sencha app create Myapp ../myapp
    3. tested the app, worked well with the generic code created by Sencha
    4. edited app.json: commented out
      Code:
      "path": "sdk/sencha-touch.js"
      and added
      Code:
      "path": "../touch-charts/sencha-touch.js"
    5. tested the app again, getting the following error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'setPath' of undefined in app.js line 2
    if, in addition of changing the path to sencha-touch.js, I add a path to touch-charts.js, turning the js section in app.json into this:
    Code:
    //"path": "sdk/sencha-touch.js"
    "path": "../touch-charts/sencha-touch.js",
    "path": "../touch-charts/touch-charts.js"
    then I get the following errors:
    Uncaught ReferenceError: Ext is not defined ... in touch-charts.js:1
    Uncaught ReferenceError: Ext is not defined ... in app.js:2

What am I doing wrong?

Answers
    Vote Rating

In my app.json, I have this:

Code:
        "js": [
            {
                //"path": "sdk/sencha-touch.js"
                "path" : "assets/charts-2.0.0/sencha-touch-debug.js"
            },
            {
                "path" : "assets/charts-2.0.0/touch-charts.js"
            },
            {
                "path": "app.js",
                "update": "delta"
            }
        ],

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

I did organize the libs in an 'assets' folder just like you showed above, and still get the same error. I am noticing that you are linking to charts v 2.0.0, the download link I got from the sencha website is v 1.0.0, would that be the problem?

Edit: I searched the web for touch-charts 2.0.0 and found a beta version, with which I do not get any errors. (2.0.0-beta). Is this the latest version?

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Great, thank you!

Answers
    Vote Rating

Correct, Touch Charts 2 beta is the latest release.

Thread Participants: 1