Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Mic1 is on a distinguished road

Default border layout - want 4 equal panels

border layout - want 4 equal panels

one day into Sencha from Flex so probably me ..... Designer insisting on a central panel, so cannot find a way of creating 4 equal panels inside a panel with border layout. Example of this much appreciated. tia

Mic.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

You want a border layout or a box layout?

If you use a box layout you can set the flex configuration to 1. The "flex" configuration represents a ratio to other components which are in the same layout.

For an example:
    Start an Ext 4.x project
    Drag out a Panel
    Change the layout of the panel to hbox
    Add 4 child panels to the top level panel
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Mic1 is on a distinguished road

thanks for reply ..... in Flex I would have to create a VBox, put 2 HBoxes inside, and put 2 panels in each HBox to get a 2 up, 2 down config ..... I looked at border layout and was thinking that it was a really cool way of laying out anything anywhere :-) .... not correct I think. In Designer I think I need to do the VBox, 2 HBox with 2 panel each like Flex to get 2 up, 2 down? tia.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Border layout is more for an outlook style layout where you have north, east, west, south and center. Center is always present.

Sounds like you are looking for exactly what you have with the box layout.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Thread Participants: 1