Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    trifu is on a distinguished road

Default is there a way to access the micro sd cards?

is there a way to access the micro sd cards?

I was wondering with sencha touch 2, if there was a way to write and read from micro sd cards in the mobile devices?

Thanks,

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

You may be able to using filesystem in a native wrapper. The browser won't allow you to.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    trifu is on a distinguished road

Does anyone have a sample where they've tried doing something like this?

I'm not sure I follow how to wrap it natively?

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    You may be able to using filesystem in a native wrapper. The browser won't allow you to.
    So one must use something like PhoneGap to do this? Is this something, that Sencha has on its ToDo list?

Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ingo.hefti View Post
    So one must use something like PhoneGap to do this? Is this something, that Sencha has on its ToDo list?
    Quite simply, the browser gives us very limited access to device APIs. This isn't a Sencha Touch issue.

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about

Quite simply, the browser gives us very limited access to device APIs. This isn't a Sencha Touch issue.
    You misunderstand me! I wasn't blaming ST! I was just wondering how to do this (as I need to do this)? Maybe you have some clues as where to start? And of course I'm not talking about a web app but a native app!!!

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by ingo.hefti View Post
    You misunderstand me! I wasn't blaming ST! I was just wondering how to do this (as I need to do this)? Maybe you have some clues as where to start? And of course I'm not talking about a web app but a native app!!!
    Don't think you are understanding my full replies, the browser doesn't give us much access to device APIs so you would need to be under a packaged app.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Don't think you are understanding my full replies, the browser doesn't give us much access to device APIs so you would need to be under a packaged app.
    Guess what you call 'packaged app' is what I call a 'native app'. So I fully agree with you that it is not possible in the browser.

I was just wondering if this is something that sencha might implement in a near future as you have some other apis that work in 'packaged apps' only...