Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    hieu79vn is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: google-like Forum

Unanswered: google-like Forum

Hello,

I would like to develop a google-like forum using ExtJS control. http://groups.google.com/a/googlepro...-google-search, try to reply, you will see it so cool.
    I don't know if anyone has some useful ideas for me and if it's possible to do that with ExtJS (especially when clicking reply, a new form will be show under the old messages)? Furthermore, I have a stupid question that if the code of Sencha forum is open source?

Thank you
    Tang

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

Have a look at the following example for formatting the text.
    http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-4.0...ed-viewer.html

As for the reply, that would simply be a form that expands with an htmleditor inside.

Our forum is using vBulletin
    https://www.vbulletin.com/

Regards,
    Scott.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thank you Scott for your reply.
    So according to you, I must use one grid for each message in a thread or I can use only one grid to contain all the messages. If I choose the second solution, I don't know if one row in grid can supply enough functions to format a message?
    If you can give me a code example, it's wonderful
    Thank you in advance
    forum.jpg

Answers
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

Then example was how to display information using a template. Your criteria is how you want your data displayed. You will will most likely need to create something custom using our components. You could examine there form using Firebug and see how they are creating their look using templates/divs and panels.

Regards,
    Scott.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

thanks Scott, that s a good idea. Do you have any code example that override a grid row or something like that to reformat the row?

Answers
    Vote Rating

I do not at this time. Perhaps someone will. You will most likely have to create something to get this functionality.

Scott.

Thread Participants: 1