Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    rubynoel is on a distinguished road

Default Moving the Split bar does not resize the regions of a Border Layout in IE

Moving the Split bar does not resize the regions of a Border Layout in IE

Hi,
    Ext version

Browsers tested against
    Internet Explorer 7 and 8
    Firefox 10 - works fine

I'm migrating from ext 2.2.1 to 3.4 and I've found a problem in Internet Explorer in split bar move.

I have a west region and center region inside a ViewPort with border layout. The west region has fit layout and has a single details panel in its items config.

In Internet Explorer, moving the Split bar resizes the regions only if the west region's layout is 'border' with the details panel as its center region. It does not work for fit or anchor layouts. It works fine in Firefox though.

It looks as though the problem in IE is the delay it has in calculating the offsetWidth of the panel el. It works if the layout calcualation in split move is done after a timeout to account for this IE delay. Tested this by overriding SplitRegion and it works now with layouts other than border also.

Not sure if this is a bug or I'm missing something but this issue is not present in ext-2.2.1.

Code:
    Ext.override(Ext.layout.BorderLayout.SplitRegion, {
    constructor: function(layout, config, pos){
        Ext.layout.BorderLayout.SplitRegion.superclass.constructor.call(this, layout, config, pos);

this.applyLayout = this.applyFns[pos];
        this.onSplitMoveTask = new Ext.util.DelayedTask(this.doLayoutOnSplitMove, this);
    },
    onSplitMove : function(split, newSize){
            var s = this.panel.getSize();
            this.lastSplitSize = newSize;
            if(this.position == 'north' || this.position == 'south'){
                this.panel.setSize(s.width, newSize);
                this.state.height = newSize;
            }else{
                this.panel.setSize(newSize, s.height);
                this.state.width = newSize;
            }
            /* Move the commented lines inside a delayed task:
            this.layout.layout();
            this.panel.saveState();*/

this.onSplitMoveTask.delay(5000); //setting timeout as 5s just for testing
            return false;
        },
     doLayoutOnSplitMove : function(){
            //alert('Delayed Task doLayoutOnSplitMove....'+this.panel.getSize().width);
            this.layout.layout();
            this.panel.saveState();
        }
    });
    Thanks.
    Attached Files

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

Does this online example work for you in IE?
    http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-3.4...t/complex.html

Regards,
    Scott

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    rubynoel is on a distinguished road

Found the problem! The issue was with the baseCls config of the west region. Even if I gave a non-existent css class in baseCls, the split move did not work in IE. Once I removed that, it worked fine.

Thanks.

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

Thank you for the follow-up. It will help someone else who may have the same problem.

Regards,
    Scott.

Thread Participants: 1